ics hop unit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ics hop unit?

looking to replace the hop up on my m4 (ics) what would be the best option for this gun? it seems a bit picky with my spare hop's so i was wondering what your opinions are?

Re: ics hop unit?

i have a MadBull hop on it's way and an element one piece plastic coming. You will need to modify the feed tube of the hop to get it to fit and also replace the nozzle to get a good seal.
    There's some good info here
    ICS hop mod thread

Smiffy
    G&P SR-25 CA M14 WE 1911

If we have traded and i haven't left feedback feel free to remind me by PM.

Just 'cause i'm online doesn't mean i'm sat at my computer, i could actually be doing some work for a change.

Comment

Any particular reason you need to change it?
      To be honest the ICS hop unit is a very good design. It holds its adjustment and it won't come loose, and it clicks into place, allowing for accurate measurement of hop adjustment. Additionally, it's got a decent air seal built into a single, sturdy, one-piece unit.
      If you need to improve accuracy, more often than not you'll just need to upgrade the ICS hop nub, which admittedly isn't stellar. Get a Guarder clear or a Madbull Shark. A SYSTEMA or TM rubber will also do.

That said, you can fit most hop units with modification, usually you'll have to shave or sand off the lower bits until it fits down the barrel. You'll also need to buy a relevantly compatible nozzle to fit into the hop as the ICS one is designed to work with the ICS hop.

Comment

i have taken delivery and dutifully sanded both an element and MadBull hop to go in my ICS M4. Unfortunately i have a problem, which admittedly could be the mags i'm using, but it will only feed if i hold the mag in tight. If i just clip in the mag it will only fire one BB then dry fires.
        Still investigating as to why at the moment but regarding the nozzle, the standard one that was in the upper gearbox works fine with both hop units. Although strangely when i fitted the MadBull to my G&P it couldn't get a seal. HMMMMM
        More investigating to go me thinks

Smiffy
        G&P SR-25 CA M14 WE 1911

If we have traded and i haven't left feedback feel free to remind me by PM.

Just 'cause i'm online doesn't mean i'm sat at my computer, i could actually be doing some work for a change.

Comment

Originally posted by MDKsmiffy View Post
          Although strangely when i fitted the MadBull to my G&P it couldn't get a seal.
          Smiffy
          Very odd, works fine in my G&P and I know a hell of a lot of G&P users use it. When you say couldn't get a seal do you mean no BB's are coming out and its making a "farting" sound? if so may not be a seal issue and could very much be that if you have used the MB nub that comes with it its far too large and may be blocking your barrel.

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

what part of the hop was you actually thinking of replacing
            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

funeral_tripod Find out more about funeral_tripod
            Working...
            X