Collapse

FPS Limits/Range restrictions at sites.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FPS Limits/Range restrictions at sites.

Okay, I'll be able to get back into actual skirmishing this summer with uni breaking up and my loadout being 'finished'. I have been researching the local sites to me (as I live near my uni and not at home which was where I started...) most importantly checking the FPS limits.

I'm not a sniper or in favour of running a 'hot' gun, however the ICS M4 that is my primary comes with a pretty high stock FPS and has thus restricted my internal upgrading due to it pushing it above the recommended 328FPS thereby causing me to to potentially be subject to range restrictions (just a tightbore if you're wondering).

So I was just wondering, for those local to the 3 sites below but not restricted to (as I'd like to travel to some others) - are there any FPS/Range limits at you sites? If so, what are they?

The 3 'easily' accessible sites for me are Ground Zero: Woodland, ****** *****: Woodland and Ambush Adventures: Southampton. These sites all have an FPS limit of 328+7%/350 (for AEGs, according to the websites), but no mention of range restriction, where as Ford (my old local) had a 20m(? might have been yards...) limit on anything above 325-350FPS.

Thanks for any help, hope to skirmish with some of you fellas (and lasses) soon.

Re: FPS Limits/Range restrictions at sites.

there is no "range restrictin"

i think you are confusing this for the mimimum engagement distance for sniper rifles

most sites its 328/350 fps for AEGs, 500 for bolt snipers but minimum range of 20m, they cannot shoot closer than that wheres its fine with you aeg

there are plenty of upgrades to do without raising your FPS any higher!
    |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Sorry, yeah I meant 'minimum engagement distance'!! Revision is rotting my brain... 'range restriction' seemed to imply the same thing to me...

So just to make sure - there is no MED for AEGs firing <350FPS at most sites?

There are of course other, no-FPS increasing upgrades however I've had that tightbore sat beside the M4 for months!! (I only realised after purchase it would bump the FPS up, I brought it thinking it wouldn't and hence would be an easy/non-potentially-restricting/most-beneficial-for-money upgrade!!)

Thanks for the response though!!
      Last edited by Blackjack13; 22 May, 2010, 01:01. Reason: * adding thanks.

Comment

for grounzero it is as follows

bolt action snipers 500fps
        AEG/Gas locked to semi 425fps
        everything else is less than 350fps

for MED, its either 30ft, or 30m. i assume 30m since 30ft is only like 10m

Comment

It's 30 metres minimum at GZ

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Blackjack13 No Gods. No masters. Find out more about Blackjack13
          Working...
          X