Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Best performing GBB pistol in the harsh cold...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best performing GBB pistol in the harsh cold...

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
    I cannot reccomend the FN-5.7 highly enough.

its the ONLY GBB pistol Ive used thats never let me down in the cold.

Its got a magazine the same size as the desert eagle, except unlike the desert eagle it doesnt have a slide the same size and wieght as a small car, so its very economical on gas, I can usually squeeze out the best part of 3 mags on a single fill of gas. The other day due to a miscommunication I ended up playing a woodland game with nothing but 3 pistols, I had my TM 5.7, a TM Sig p226 and a TM desert eagle. Both the Sig and deagle had metal bodykits, the 5.7 was standard ABS. The deagle was pathetic, fired 1 shot before it degassed, the 226 wasnt much better, got about half a mag before it degassed, but the 5.7 just kept going and going and going and going and going!

This has been a party broadcast by the number 1 FN-5.7 fanboy club <3

But yeah seriously, get the 5.7, you wont regret it.

And if you do, Ill buy it off you! :P

+1

My own 5-7 never let me down in the Winter just passed.

Comment

ah my KWA/KSC g18 was working fine with green gas, i just had to avoid drawn out bursts on full auto
      Last edited by jonny lovegrove; 25 May, 2010, 20:20. Reason: branding
      -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
      -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

I've used my full metal KJW/SigArms P229 down to about 5 degrees with no obvious problems. It's the Sig factory version, but as far as I know that's just a matter of trades/case/manual so I wouldn't expect it to perform any better than any other one.

I do, though, obsessively look after gas seals. They get siliconed every 2 or 3 weeks, regardless of use.

Colder than that and I just won't use a pistol. If it's not metal, I don't want it no matter how good it is.
        sigpic

Comment

well this is nonsense. Apart from the polyurethane seals inside the gun, any co2 pistol will perform worse in cold weather as more of the co2 is in liquid form. it all depends how cold/warm your gas is :P. Word of advice, for best effects with co2 guns, keep the co2 nice and warm, let it lurk in your sock drawer or something and give it a blanket on the way to a skirmish :D

Comment

Believe it or not I do that too. I actually keep my green gas/co2 in my sock draws... As well as magazines that are filled with gas, separate obviously from the guns.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitControlSquad View Post
              well this is nonsense. Apart from the polyurethane seals inside the gun, any co2 pistol will perform worse in cold weather as more of the co2 is in liquid form. it all depends how cold/warm your gas is :P. Word of advice, for best effects with co2 guns, keep the co2 nice and warm, let it lurk in your sock drawer or something and give it a blanket on the way to a skirmish :D
              So how do you explain me leaving my CO2 Xtreme 45 laying in the snow for half an hour, then still hitting 500fps?
              sigpic

Comment

Act of God good sir

Comment

My old hfc glock 17 worked suprisingly well enough in the cold getting through the whole mag bar 2 bb's in winter!
                  Originally posted by parky
                  If you're looking for a good sniper, I hear Vassily Zaitsev is good this time of year.

It's sniper RIFLE.

What do they teach these 19 year olds these days...

Comment

Well... Robin, do it again! :D - Stuff the gun in the freezer, then do some firing. I have yet to do that to any of my pistols.

Comment

I would, but I sold it as I couldn't find anywhere that would let me use it!

Just before testing it:

sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TheLazyMarksman Please be aware that not only myself use this account. Find out more about TheLazyMarksman
                      Working...
                      X