Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

EU law re-drafted to include 2 specific exemptions for airsoft.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EU law re-drafted to include 2 specific exemptions for airsoft.

Wow, something actually happened. I guess I was wrong in my pessimism previously

"(3b) The definition of the term "firearm" should continue to exclude objects which expel a shot, bullet or projectile by the action of a non-combustible propellant, for example through the operation of compressed air or other gas, including so-called airsoft guns, as well as objects which merely have the appearance of a firearm (replicas, imitations), provided in both cases that such objects cannot be converted to a firearm or do not contain an essential component which is capable of being used in a firearm. Member States should be able to regulate such objects under their national law. Amendment 81 clarifies this and amendment 85 specifically defines and excludes airsoft devices by name a second time! This is amazing news! The airsoft community has made its voice heard and defended itself!"

Quoted from European Airsoft Association Facebook page
    Here

https://www.facebook.com/europeanairsoft/

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/sides/...EN&language=EN

Re: EU law re-drafted to include 2 specific exemptions for airsoft.

Excellent news
    Da Posh Boi, innit

Comment

Well that's a bit of unexpected good news..
      "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

And if we leave the EU...? :/ Lets hope it's not an April fools

Comment

"Member States should be able to regulate such objects under their national law." - They do that now so no change in the slightest. VCRA makes owning a RIF illegal - Airsoft is named as one defence against prosecution.

The opening sentence of the quote uses the word 'continue' which suggests the legislation was already in place, so nothing has been changed.

It would look like someone is trying to take credit for nothing actually changing?
          JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

These are just proposed amendments to the EU Firearms Directive. We'll have to wait and see as to whether the MEP's will go for them or not.

Comment

Originally posted by N_Scooby View Post
              "Member States should be able to regulate such objects under their national law." - They do that now so no change in the slightest. VCRA makes owning a RIF illegal - Airsoft is named as one defence against prosecution.

The opening sentence of the quote uses the word 'continue' which suggests the legislation was already in place, so nothing has been changed.

It would look like someone is trying to take credit for nothing actually changing?
              The expectation is for the EU to be shitty, nothing changing IS a change.

Originally posted by Digital View Post
              And if we leave the EU...? :/ Lets hope it's not an April fools
              Doesn't make a difference, we ignore EU law when it's convenient and we're no more or less likely to ban airsoft as far as I'm aware.
              Originally posted by Lt. Macka
              big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KenIchikawa Find out more about KenIchikawa
              Working...
              X