Riot Shields.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riot Shields.

Riot shields.... Love them or hate them.... I've always had a massive gripe with the transparent police style shields I see people using. So I've decided to make my own.... It will likely look like a cross between these two images. I have the parts on order and will post later once finished of the outcome.... So firstly I was just wondering what people opinions are of shields in airsoft in general and do you think it would be better if they looked more realistic? if you were to have them used at all?

Ballistic Shield front.JPGballistic_shield_hertfordshire.jpg

Re: Riot Shields.

I'd say as long as you don't get into the mindset of a 'terminator' (make sure you're fully aware of if hits are striking your shield, you or ricocheting). Don't pick one up and start igoring every shot that comes your way whether in front, behind or above. I've been on the receiving end of one of these 'terminator' tanks and they refused to call hit until I resorted to a head shot (something I hate doing and avoid if I can).

Beyond that, I'd stay stick to SMGs or sidearm. Get an MP5K or G18, something along those lines, and stick to Semi only.

Another issue arises (at least with the 'ballistic shield' style) of the definition of blind firing. You only have a small window to see through and stick your gun around the side of the shield - you can't necessarily see exactly where your gun is pointed. I've been to sites before that consider blind firing or 'spray and pray' anything where you're not looking down the length of the barrel or have the Un shouldered or sighted.
    sigpic
    "I are God, lol."

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SGT-Snail Find out more about SGT-Snail
    Working...
    X