dragon valley , eye protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dragon valley , eye protection

here is dragon airsoft's safety glasses notice- Plastic framed Oakley glasses are not approved eye protection Metal framed Oakley glasses designed to protect from the eyes from high speed impacts are acceptable.

now i dont think my glasses will fit this site and i need some new ones anyway. so can you post some links to websites that sell kinda cheap safety glasses that fit this sites regulations or just tell me some good one too get lol

cheers guys

Re: -dragon valley , eye protection-

Try zeroone, please read the rules as we are not allowed to link to other retailers etc. Try google as well

Comment

zero one...links to other websites arnt allowed
      Originally posted by Teddykiller
      I have felt this wrath as I like going deep in the bush.

Comment

i got some goodens from zero-ones store which are great, good visually and comfy just have a plonder on there site
        Originally posted by The Keeper of Secrets
        It's a well known fact that more Magpul on your M4 = bigger penis.

Comment

Originally posted by chris wheeler View Post
          kinda cheap safety glasses
          I assume you don't mean safety glasses like the ones you can buy from B&Q? If you do, they don't allow them at DV.

They don't have an issue with plastic frames there, just the Oakley ones. My plastic framed ESS glasses cost £20 from here and I've never had an issue with them at any site.
          sigpic

Comment

thanks everyone ill check out zero

Comment

Re: dragon valley , eye protection

I bought the guarders I use from zeroone and havent failed me yet at dv :D

Comment

just out of interest what is wrong with plastic framed oakleys?

mine have taken must be 30+ hits and not a scratch
                |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Mine are the Guarders from a well known German Camo online shop. Cost £35 ish delivered, and came with the insert bits needed to be glazed, as I wear specs. 'Nother £40 for glazing, and haven't looked back since.
                  Altus Volo Mugio Extraho

Comment

As I understand it the plastic Oakley frames have a number of potential issues, albeit slim ones.
                    Firstly, the arms on most of the hinged ones are designed to pop off if sat on, etc... then be popped back in. It is feasible that a hit around the hinge area could cause the arm to pop off, which could allow the glasses to move away from the eyes.
                    Secondly and admittedly a much smaller risk is the fact that some (mainly older tbh) Oakley plastic frames, especially the 'crystal' type they used to use on some Frogskins, Fives and Jackets, are susceptible to cracking over time due to UV radiation. This weakens the frame and again could lead to breakages when struck by a bb.
                    Thirdly some designs such as Radar, Half Jacket and the older Pro M frames carry a very small risk of the lens popping out, although to be honest any similar glasses (ESS, Guarder etc...) would suffer the same risk.

For what it's worth, I have never seen or heard of a confirmed issue but have heard anecdotal evidence of frame failure at a CDV game last year. The cracking frame issue did happen to my Frogskins way back in the min 90s, but Oakley replaced them tout suite and free of charge.

For cheap eye pro, check out Bolle Silium, about £10 from a retailer who share their name with a branch of the US armed forces, cheap but pretty darn good.
                    Last edited by ninety; 26 May, 2010, 13:13. Reason: crap spelling!

Comment

Be sure not to buy Viper tactical goggles either as they also are banned at DV.
                      Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

chris wheeler Find out more about chris wheeler
                      Working...
                      X