Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to zero/adjust a scope?

Hi all,
    This is kinda confusing for me.... so I'm gonna ask.

Let's say you have your target reticle on a target.
    Then you fire... your BB hits left of the reticle.

Do you then.....

move the adjustment screw right or left?

My point is - do the adjustment screws relate to the reticle or the actual BB/bullet hit?
    So.. as above, if my bullet is left of the reticle, do I do move the reticle left to be on top of the initial bullet hit hole or do I move the screw right to move the bullet hole to reticle?

Thanks and sorry if this question is kinda stupid.

Re: How to zero/adjust a scope?

Firstly set yourself up at a decent distance as big as you can manage I normally do it at 60odd ft in back garden

If your hitting left from the reticle you move the reticle to the left so screw left to match the hole

You can only move the reticle the hole will always be in that place

And no such thing as a stupid question you either know the answer or you don't

Comment

That's great and exactly what I needed to know! :D
      Thank you!

Comment

Which way to turn the screw/pin to move the reticle is subjective to the scope, so we can't tell you that exactly.

The BB will go wherever the gun's barrel is pointing, any changes to the scope won't change that, so the idea is to line the scope/dot up with where the BB is hitting.

Make sure you've got a decent rest (even a chair or something is fine), so you can keep the gun stationary - then just see how far left/right, & high/low it is shooting, and just turn the screw one way, if it's closer than before, you turned it the right way, if not, turn it the other way.

Keep track of how many turns you're making, e.g. half a clockwise turn, that way if you've turned it the wrong way completely, you could correct it by turning a full rotation clockwise.

You'll get it, just spend some time on it

Hope that helped and it's not all just waffle.

**EDIT**
        Just to clarify, you'll probably have two pins/screws, one will adjust up/down, and one will adjust left/right.

Comment

Very simple way to do it which is what I do, works best for shorter ranges but can be used on longer ranged scopes.

Buy a laser boresight, around £25 from Amazon/Ebay. Stick in down the barrel, tighten up and turn on. Then you adjust your reticule to where the laser dot is, generally this will be pretty accurate. Then fire a fair few shots at a target, should be very close if not adjust slightly. Been doing this for years and have no issues at all.

Also remember that when zeroing you are zeroing to a specific range. For example if you zero to 25ft the reticule will be out at 75ft. So I tend to adjust for my main engagement distance.

Good tip for keeping the rifle steady is get yourself a sturdy cardboard box and cut two V shapes into each end, reinforce with some duct tape and slot your rifle in. Should hold it steady enough for airsoft.

Comment

You know what... I have actually just come across a laser bore sight this morning when I was following up my order of a scope from aliexpress. I saw a laser bore sight and didn't know what it was for so I googled and youtubed.
            I might get one.. it's on offer at the mo.
            Thank you for this!

Originally posted by StargateP90 View Post
            Very simple way to do it which is what I do, works best for shorter ranges but can be used on longer ranged scopes.

Buy a laser boresight, around £25 from Amazon/Ebay. Stick in down the barrel, tighten up and turn on. Then you adjust your reticule to where the laser dot is, generally this will be pretty accurate. Then fire a fair few shots at a target, should be very close if not adjust slightly. Been doing this for years and have no issues at all.

Also remember that when zeroing you are zeroing to a specific range. For example if you zero to 25ft the reticule will be out at 75ft. So I tend to adjust for my main engagement distance.

Good tip for keeping the rifle steady is get yourself a sturdy cardboard box and cut two V shapes into each end, reinforce with some duct tape and slot your rifle in. Should hold it steady enough for airsoft.
            - - - Updated - - -

There! I've just ordered one!

Originally posted by StargateP90 View Post

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Muscleflex Find out more about Muscleflex
            Working...
            X