Who can help with a G&G UMG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who can help with a G&G UMG?

So I've had the UMP for a while now but I've always found that the rate of fire was a bit slow. What batteries are you guys running with it? P.s. I've never owned a li-po before.

Would also be interested in what other things you have on it internally and externally. Cheers!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Re: Who can help with a G&G UMG?

Well for a start, what battery are YOU using in it?

Theres no reason not to use a lipo. I run all my guns on 7.4v lipos and it gives them a slight rate of fire increase over regular NiMH batteries, but its not a sudden miracle RoF increase like some people might claim.

Obviously battery and motor are going to be the 2 biggest factors in your RoF, but theres other things you can do to improve it. Making sure your gearbox is well maintained is another good one, make sure its lubed properly and well shimmed. A high speed gearset is relatively cheap as well and might be worth considering putting in whilst youve got the gearbox open to check the shims/lube.

It all depends on what you want the gun to do really. And how much money youre willing to drop into it!

Comment

Thanks for the honest reply! At the moment I'm running it on an 8.4 because its just about the only battery that will fit in it without going lipo. But I feel like I've been playing airsoft long enough to start getting into the realms of lipo - and hopefully not set my house on fire.

I know that my rate of fire wont go soaring up but I just want to get something a bit more than an 8.4. I mean to be honest, if I could find a 9.6 that fitted (They do exist, just hard to find) then I would get one of those and not even look at lipo's.

Anyway, I'm sure that with a decent amount of research and recommendations I'll start to upgrade it but gearboxes will only last a certain amount of time.

Thanks again.

Comment

Tiercel pretty much nailed it.

I'd look at a lonex motor.
        A high speed gear set
        And a 7.4 lipo.

Should give you a decent ROF, somewhere in the mid 20s rps.

Theres a lot of horror stories about lipos but treat them right and theres no reason that they should ever fail you. Same with any battery.
        I prefer lipos over anything to be honest.
        Uksf loadout

TM 417 recoil.
        Custom built L119A1
        WE P228

Comment

If you don't fancy opening the gearbox a simple motor swap with a stick lipo will do the trick. The Lonex motors are good - I've got one in my Type 89 and M14 Socom - but if you're on a tighter budget the SHS motors are pretty decent.
          Growing old is mandatory
          Growing up is optional...

The tinkering tale of an airsoft addict, wargamer and book fanatic at http://ocdairsoft.blogspot.com/
          It even gets updated occasionally... Quite recently even!

Comment

Well a 7.4v lipo puts out roughly the same as a 9.6v nimh. But theyre smaller, last longer and better in pretty much every concievable way.

The chances of a lipo turning your house into a fireball are virtually nonexistant as long as you use a decent charger and not some cheap chinese shit. If youre really worried you can charge them in a lipo fireproof bag, or a metal quality street (other brands are available :P) tin. Personally Ive not bothered, and Ive not burned the house down yet after 4 years of using lipos!

Comment

Thanks for the reply guys!

I'm cool with opening the gear box, gonna put a new spring guide, spring and shims in there soon so if it comes to it I'll do some gear changes but I'll probably change out the motor before the gears.

Anyway, I've decided to skirmish it one more time and see if I feel that I really need that extra rate of fire before I throw money at it.

Thanks for your help guys

Comment

I have never quite understood the desire to push the ROF up; if you are a decent shot and use your weapon well, the stock ROF should be plenty.

Comment

Because I'm crap shot and rely on spray and pray

Joking aside, I do know what you mean. There obviously is a limit of where enough is enough, but I think people (like me) just like to have that speed on their guns

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JoeGisby1 Airsofter Find out more about JoeGisby1
                  Working...
                  X