R-hop effective range based on BB weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R-hop effective range based on BB weight

Does anyone have any experience with tested effective range for an Rhop? I currently have one installed, which I am going to do again as it isn't as perfect as I'd like it.

I'm testing accuracy at range this weekend, as I have a nice 100m strip available.

Set up:
    Umarex HK M27
    420mm EdGI 6.01 barrel
    R hop and m nub
    Polarstar Jack
    350fps with a .2
    Using .28 devil blasters.

Results (metal man sized target)
    45m - hit every time
    60m - hit most of the time
    70m - most fly off wide

Upped fps to 450 with .2 and started using .3 devil blasters

Results
    45m - hit everytime
    60m - pretty much every time
    70m - consistently hit (enough to be happy with)

Does anyone have any results to confirm how my results stand? I think a better installed r hop would give me better results, but I get the feeling my range is also going to be limited by my bb weight?

Something interesting as well, I tested my TM Glock 17 and 60m with a .28 and hit it every time. It's a laser

Re: R-hop effective range based on BB weight

They shouldn't be flying off wide/to one side because that means your not applying hop evenly on the BB assuming they always fly off to one side every time.

Also you want to be using a higher weight BB at 450fps but would need to have the R-hop setup for higher weights if you did keep this fps.
    For sale:

-Splitting M4
    -MP5 Parts
    -MP7a1
    -M9 Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by wilko129 View Post
      They shouldn't be flying off wide/to one side because that means your not applying hop evenly on the BB assuming they always fly off to one side every time.

Also you want to be using a higher weight BB at 450fps but would need to have the R-hop setup for higher weights if you did keep this fps.
      So are you saying that with an r hop the Bb should always shoots straight? I installed a new patch this morning, but still get left and right dispersion, although more appeared to hit the target at 70m.

I had it in my mind that at 70m with a .3, the bb will be going so slow that wind will play a massive part in its final path? I will probably just end up having it installed by someone who knows what they are doing. I want it to work at both 350 and 450 fps

Comment

I use .43s (dmr) and .3's (standard rifle) with my edgi 6.05 and professionally installed r-hop to about the same results, but a little bit more range and consistency, probably due to BB weight.

As wilko said it shouldn't be curving, maybe the m-nub isn't flat?

Comment

I'm not sure, it's the genuine m nub, so I would expect it to be sound. I think ill send off what I've done myself and see how the fitter comments on what I did wrong.

I might try done heavier bb's too before I send it off

Comment

When I installed the r-hop myself it ended up curving, these were the main reasons I found upon research:

Arm might not be sanded flat enough (on which you place the m-nub)

Edge of the patch (where it is sanded to avoid pinch jamming) is not even

Glue in the bore

Wind (haha, kidding ;D but possible with .2s )

So to try and deduce what it is:

Try a different barrel with no r-hop but use your hop chamber and bucking (flat hop), if there is a curve it either the mnub or arm (or wind ;P)
            Try the r-hopped barrel in a different chamber with an m-nub (this is easy if you have a friend that uses a flat hop or r-hop) this can show you if it is the r-hop or barrel.

When I did that I eventually found that it was my bucking, because it had not been shaved fully (I got a tech to do it with a dremel properly, as mine dremel is awful)

Comment

Originally posted by Digital View Post
              When I installed the r-hop myself it ended up curving, these were the main reasons I found upon research:

Arm might not be sanded flat enough (on which you place the m-nub)

Edge of the patch (where it is sanded to avoid pinch jamming) is not even

Glue in the bore

Wind (haha, kidding ;D but possible with .2s )

So to try and deduce what it is:

Try a different barrel with no r-hop but use your hop chamber and bucking (flat hop), if there is a curve it either the mnub or arm (or wind ;P)
              Try the r-hopped barrel in a different chamber with an m-nub (this is easy if you have a friend that uses a flat hop or r-hop) this can show you if it is the r-hop or barrel.

When I did that I eventually found that it was my bucking, because it had not been shaved fully (I got a tech to do it with a dremel properly, as mine dremel is awful)
              It's probably not even worth trying to find out! I've spent more on patches at this point then just paying someone to do it. I would like to be able to do it well, just so I can do any barrel I buy

I've installed the normal r hop patch instead of the z kit as this seems to adhere far better to the barrel and is easy to mod to size. Will test one last time tomorrow. I installed it on my vfc barrel as I don't want to keep messing around with my EdGI. I'll leave that one to a pro...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ultrabeat Find out more about Ultrabeat
              Working...
              X