Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airsoft TV

has it been done, will it be done?

i have seen/ heard of Airsoft Radio but alas i dont believe it is still going, there isnt much advertising about it anymore. So, the question is is Airsoft TV in the future or is it just a silly idea ? ?

judging by the reception such people as scoutthedoggie had with his skirmishing videos perhaps it would be a good idea? also, such people as crazyNCman with his reviews? might even help with our legal standing too, might help with VCRA ? who knows.... ?

Re: Airsoft TV

i think it's a great idea, great way to promote the sport, and help with legal standing by maybe correcting some of the misconceptions. also reviews and games are fun to watch untill you can next get out and play.
    Generic boring Sig that is duly ignored.

Comment

my thoughts exactly :D

Comment

Its not as if there isnt enough airsoft related things to fuel a whole tv station, i dont see why it hasnt happened yet. i think sky tv as room for one more channel eh?

Comment

they have 999 so they might not want to go over 1000 ... ? and the big problem is cost, ofcourse this can be covered by advertising but we would need someone who knows what he is doing, television wise. and, we would need to contend with stuff like 'luther' and 'eastenders' which i think it would be hard to do...

Comment

they've already gone over 999 as now all radio is 0XXX so plenty of space.
            Generic boring Sig that is duly ignored.

Comment

it wont work. not even a sport as big as skateboarding has its own channel.

a show on extreme would work tho. i'm pretty sure i;ve seen paintballing on extreme.

Comment

but skateboarding is boring, airsoft is like recycling... the possibilities are endless

Comment

google is your friend this has already been done by the guys from airsoftology. And prity well actually. Its ashame 99% of what they discuse has no relation to uk airsoft.

Comment

whats wrong with youtube or various online video hosting?

Comment

yup thats how most do it nowadays, decent net connection, hd cam and some production with the usual software

Comment

i was thinking actual television, as youtube, although it will take over the world, is not quite the same

Comment

why does it have to be on the tele proper. In this day and age of multimedia possibilities you can have your own station based purely on-line surely. Only problem you then have is competition, there's so much stuff out there already.
                          You'd be hard pushed to get the advertising revenue and you'd need lots of support from manufacturers and shops providing products to review.
                          It would also need to appeal to an international audience to get the numbers you need.

that'll teach me to go for a pi%s halfway through a post. guess i missed a few comments

Smiffy
                          G&P SR-25 CA M14 WE 1911

If we have traded and i haven't left feedback feel free to remind me by PM.

Just 'cause i'm online doesn't mean i'm sat at my computer, i could actually be doing some work for a change.

Comment

im afraid thats where you have to start. You create a format, generate viewers, then you have some thing to present to a production company. If they like it they produce a pilot and present it to the various stations for purchasing.

Its all about hits, if you can do it on you tube / the other more dedicated steaming sites then youll get offers im sure.

You cant just wave an idea about, and hope it happens, spend some time create a format. Come up with sections for the show. Talking points, get some new products for review and cam and mic equipment and a bluescreen.

Comment

Originally posted by chazzman1993 View Post
                              i was thinking actual television, as youtube, although it will take over the world, is not quite the same
                              To be honest mate it would be far more popular having it on youtube. The majority of TV users wouldn't be interested in the slightest about airsoft whereas if it's on youtube then most of the people watching it have actively searched for it.
                              Get it right roon ye!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

chazzman1993 Find out more about chazzman1993
                              Working...
                              X