A Little Bit Worried

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Little Bit Worried

Now i dont know if anybody has noticed this but there seems to be an awful lot of ics l85's for sale on zeroin in and other forums.

They havent been out that long, i believe around 5-6 months on zeroone and i have no idea why people are selling them left right and centre.

Are there any problems? i heard on the aa l85's the blowback is pretty awful, does the ICS follow in its footsteps or have they fitted and decent piston and blowback system?

This may not be the right section for this kind of thread so feel free to move it moderators.

It may not be such an issue but i really do want one for my brit loadout and they are not the most affordable rifle and i just want to make sure i know exactly what im getting when i do get round to buying one.

Jimmy

Re: A Little Bit Worried....

no different from all the g36's that were turning up not to long ago. Trends come and go, as do guns.

Comment

there are allways LOADS of l85s for sale

however since nobody can get hold of army anymore everybody has bought and started selling the ICS ones
      |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Plus, Bulpups, espcially the L85 isn't for everyone.

It's a difficult design to get used to.

Comment

yeah i suppose, thanks for the reassurance guys. just it struck me as a little bit wierd. :/

Comment

One thing might be the weight. If you're used to something like a TM M4 or G36, the ICS L85 will be a serious shock and some people might not like to lug something that heavy around all day.
            sigpic

Comment

I find them to be very unbalanced, the muzzle just wants to point upwards due to the heavy rear end

Comment

I dont think the weight would bother me, but the bullpup design may be a little strange. i looked into getting a famas quite a while back but they seemed way to plasticy :/ anybody have one or had one? what you think of it?

Jimmy

Comment

once you've been on here a while, you notice things tend to cycle round, one minute, everybody is selling l85's, the next month its m16's, then G36's.
                  some times its linked to film coming out, or a computer game, after the "tour of duty" nam games last year it was m16's.
                  nothing to worry about really, my mates had an ICS M4 since they first came out, and still out performs most AEG's

cheers richy.
                  'so long, and thanks for all the fish'

Comment

Originally posted by TheCustardChucker View Post
                    Now i dont know if anybody has noticed this but there seems to be an awful lot of ics l85's for sale on zeroin in and other forums.

They havent been out that long, i believe around 5-6 months on zeroone and i have no idea why people are selling them left right and centre.
                    I do.

1. They're an innacurate replica.

2. There is a certain paranoia that the forthcoming DD RIS replicas won't fit.

3. People have seen the light and are buying the upgraded, near-perfect ARES L85A2.

4. I am on most airsoft forums! :D :p

:D

Comment

To be honest it amazes me the speed that a new models turn up in the sales threads, have already seen a few FN 57 and Desert Warrior's . We as a group only have limited funds, and I think the tendency is to buy the new model, by selling the last (my Brand new Sig is going up when the PX4 hits the shelves.

Comment

Originally posted by Sci Fi Steve View Post
                        (my Brand new Sig is going up when the PX4 hits the shelves.
                        Same with my WA Vreaker, whens it comeing out?
                        Gangsta lean, it's not all bad...

Comment

Pan likes the ARES, I like the ICS. Pan thinks it is crap I don't. I own one and like it. Pan handled one and didn't. It is all about personal opinions. Persoanlly it is accurate but hot out of the box. This may be an issue for people buying it and finding it too hot for their site. Not being bothered to downgrade they just sell it. That's my take on it. Certainly nothing to do with the reliability or quality of it.
                          Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TheCustardChucker Jimmy. that's all your getting. Find out more about TheCustardChucker
                          Working...
                          X