Odin M12 sidewinder - ISSUES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odin M12 sidewinder - ISSUES

First, this isn't a review, nor is it a general bashing of the product. I like the idea, and i want it to work. I'm hoping for people to tell me i was unlucky, and got a lemon.

So, after a lot of though i decided to pay the ludicrous price of £59.99 for the Odin M12 speed loader. It looked good from reviews and i thought it could be a good time (and thumb) saver. However, the opposite has turned out to be true. My experience with the product went like this,

1 *** Use loader to load 3 magazines
    2 *** Attempt to load a fourth but had issues (Loader is not dispensing BB's consistently and 4th mag isn't filling up).
    3 *** I cranked the handle a few times and got about 10 BB's out (its meant to dish out about 12 per revolution i think). along with the BB's came several shards of black plastic.....somethings broken.
    Opened the loader to find the situation you can see in the images below.

IMAG0863.jpgIMAG0864.jpgIMAG0867.jpg

There is a kind of cylindrical barrel with ledges or fins on it, that scoop the BB's into the loaders feed nozzle (A bit like a water wheel). The picture shows two broken and one whole ledge/fin (the two outer ones are broken!)

Now, you may be thinking " you obviously applied too much force to the arm when loading, idiot"
    Well, you may or may not know that to m12 has a clutch. This means that when a certain level of resistance is reached when loading, the arm stops loading and spins freely. Therefore saving itself and your magazines from damage, genius.
    The 3 mags i used now wont feed properly, probably because they have shards of the M12 loading mechanism in their BB channels.

Now, Please can someone reply with high praise for their own M12, and that i must have been unlucky. As i want to buy another one (Stupid? ...maybe!) but definitely not if others are having issues.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Odin M12 sidewinder - ISSUES

Hello mate, you may have a lemon. I've had mine for about four months now and works fine. I use it with TM recoil mags which don't fit properly but loads them fine. Jump on odins stalk book page and ping them a pic with a msg, or speak to your supplier.
    Hope this helps.

Comment

Fantastic. Even better to hear its usable with the recoil mags. Thanks.

Comment

Np. The recoil mags don't "click in" but if you press the Odin down on top of the mag and put the base of the mag against your chest to apply pressure, it works just fine.

Comment

I've also been using a Sidewinder for months with Recoil Shock magazines and not had any problems. Be aware that the clutch is supposed to be adjusted by the end user (by tightening or loosening that big nut on the side) to suit the magazines you're trying to load. You only need it tight enough to fill the magazine before it slips; I loosened mine off substantially to stop it putting unnecessary stress on my magazines.

Comment

Right OK...... I didn't see any paper work telling me that in the box. Guess I fucked it, there goes the warranty. Must have Strong forearms from, err ...

Comment

I would still make a warranty claim. It should have broken the magazine, not the speedloader itself.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JMatrix Find out more about JMatrix
              Working...
              X