Ares M4A1 Carbine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ares M4A1 Carbine

hi i just bought a ares m4a1, just wondering what are the best upgrades for this. And what the gearbox can handle? i was planning on getting a Systema motor, just wondering if i need 2 upgrade gears.
    Many thanks

Re: Ares M4A1 Carbine

Depends on what you want to do to it.

ROF... FPS... Lots of things to tinker with!

Comment

i was planning on getting a systema motor, they look good and getting a TB

Comment

You wont need to upgrade the gears if you are simply swapping out the motor unless your also switching to a Lipo battery. If your swapping Barrels you may want to look into the condition of the hop rubber and bucking, you may need to get a spare set incase you get little improvement if at all with the stock rubber and bucking.
        sigpic
        http://Teddypotts.DeviantART.com

Comment

cheers Teddykiller
          Interesting name :L

Comment

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Take it to a game, see how it performs, and THEN decide what needs doing. Odds are you will probably only need to upgrade the hop. However, if you're making 40m shots then leave it! haha. Also, I don't know about Ares guns, but if it has plastic bushings then changing them out for metal ones might be a good idea.

There's no need for a Systema motor unless your other one isn't working properly. And don't waste the money on a Systema anyway - get a TM EG1000 it will do the job fine. Unless you're going for an uber ROF (which is pointless anyway imo), in which case a G&P M120 will also be fine.

If it performs fine, then don't bother spending time on expensive parts until it breaks. If you make sure you clean it and service it regularly than chances are you won't have to upgrade/fix for a while. Also, try getting a trusted professional (or yourself if you know how..) to reshim and clean and regrease the gearbox, and make sure the motor height is good. A well shimmed and put together stock gearbox of nearly any make will be better than a poorly shimmed and put together one with loads of expensive stuff inside.

That all depends on how good Ares are themselves though. I mean it's whether you consider Ares take much time perfectly shimming and putting together their guns and whether they do it better than a techy you know.

EDIT: also as for 'what the gearbox can handle' - it should easily take a 9.6v battery's ROF. And a 9.6 should satisfy most.
            Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

i had an ares m4a1, performed decently out the box not much need for uber upgrades tbh

save your money unless there is a serious performance issue and go from there
              |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

i put a new barrel in it yesterday it takes a while to figure out how to take it apart :L and at elite action games they have targets, 30m, 40m etc and the last target is 60m away and it reached that :D im soo happy, seriously buy one!!! then put a madbull 6.03 barrel in it and its even better

Next thing inm going to do is to buy a Magpul PTS MOE handguard and stock in dark earth colour. It will look AMAZING :D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

wookie Find out more about wookie
                Working...
                X