STAR (Ares) Expendable G36 140rd Midcaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STAR (Ares) Expendable G36 140rd Midcaps

Looking for something good to feed my G36. Not having much luck with MAG 190bb metal midcaps with either .25g Zero One BB's or .20g ICS BB's - so thinking of going for the STAR midcaps.

So, who has been using the STAR Expendable G36 140rnd midcaps?

Particularly:

- Which BB's fed and which didn't
    - How they held up over time

Seems Zero One only UK seller with them in stock:

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=2221

James

Re: STAR (Ares) Expendable G36 140rd Midcaps

ok there not G36 mags but the 95 round star mp5 mags feed alright with zero1 bbs in my JG mp5sd so you could use that as an indicator or not

For sale,JG G3 sas solid stock() PM for details

Comment

You'd have thought so, but.... :D

Z1 didn't feed in S. Arms MP5 mids, but ICS did.
      Both fed in MAG P90 mids
      Neither feed in my M4 MAG mids

So seems a bit hit and miss!

Comment

I've had mine for about 2 years. Feed flawelessly despite never being cleaned except for the occasion squirt of silicone. I've ran Blaster, Excel, Zeroone, Zeroone Bio, Xtreme precision, Xtreme Precision Bio, ICS bb's and never had a problem.

Quite tough mags too, I've dropped them onto concrete floors many times from chest height. As standard for Airsoft G36 mags though, the lugs break very easily.

Only thing I will say is that they are a bit stiff to clip in and out of some magwells, especially the new SRC's I've tried them in. But a quick run over the part the protrusion that the magwell clips onto on each mag fixes this problem.

I would high recommend these.
        "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

I've used CA mids for as long as I can remember but, of late, the BB retaining lip keeps letting the BBs out so I've had to go with hi-caps. Does this happen eventually to all G36 mags?

Comment

One quick thing to mention about the Star Mids though is the last BB stays in the mag making it hard to tell if its full or empty at a glance. Not to much of a problem though as you can usually tell by the weight.
            "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

I have the Star MP5 mids and used TM BB's all good, looking at the G36 mids myself.

Comment

been using the star mags, with BAW .2's and madbull .25's no problems at all.

Comment

I like Star/Ares or CA mid caps with Excel BB's they feed flawlessly into my SA80
                  Systema M4

Comment

I've got 5 star/ares g36 140 round midcaps and every one of them is broken they fire a few rounds then stop, you look at where the bbs come out and they've stopped about 2cm down into the feed tube. if you hit the mag they jump up to the top of the mag, but after about 4 rounds the same thing happens again! i think i overfilled them once, but i've taken them apart and can't see what's wrong. i wouldn't recommend them, surprisingly...
                    One team to rule them all, one team to find them, one team to bring them all and in the darkness of the night battle own all the Deltas. BRAVO HOORAH!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jagillham Find out more about jagillham
                    Working...
                    X