• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tokyo Marui silencer threaded barrel help

damn none left!

Comment

Don't be tempted to add a thread to something yourself. As Tyler said, it can lead to issues. The main reason however is that the tap and dies cost about £25 each. Which is totally not worth it unless you you plan on doing a lot. It's much easier just to buy a threaded barrel.

The WE barrel parts are the same as TM, so yeh, it fits. Z1 also sell a threaded barrel for the 226.

I'd also mention that some thought should be put into adding a silencer on a gbb pistol. Ideally you want the lightest / shortest silencer possible. Obviously you might want something longer for asthetic reasons, but the longer and heavier it is, the more it pulls down on the barrel, and sometimes causes jams. I had a fairly weighty silencer on my 1911 a while back and it just didnt like to cycle properly. Did look slick though. Got fed up and sold the barrel on.

Comment

If youre referring to the Tanio Koba ones from the site beginning with E... That took me a lot of work, but i eventually got one shipped for my TM HiCapa 4.3

Its much easier if you have a friend in the states who can order it for you, then ship it on.
        AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

Just managed to get through with E, been having to wait a day or so for each email/part of my order to go through. shipping tomorrow should be here within 10 days. ended up being a tenner cheaper than the elite shooting centre which is nice, but i think ill just go there next time!

thanks for the help/advice guys!
          Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 9 June, 2010, 09:53.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
          Working...
          X