Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Marui Glock 17 - What suppressor/silencer setup should I use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marui Glock 17 - What suppressor/silencer setup should I use?

So I've heard from a couple people that silencers can cause the slide to lock due to the added weight put on the exterior barrel down or something like that. What would people recommend for setting up a silencer in my G17? I heard the best solution is to get one of those extended interior barrels offered by WE that actually continues out of the gun and into the suppressor, therefore the weight is placed upon the interior barrel, not the exterior. This however, is not something I am willing to do because I would be taking the silencer off when not using the gun and it would be a hassle to strip it and remove that long interior barrel each time.

The next solution that could work is getting a barrel that is only extended a slight amount and also getting an adaptor that actually attaches to the extended interior barrel with little bolts. Would this be a good solution? Has anyone had any problems doing this? Thanks for your time!

Re: Marui Glock 17 - What suppressor/silencer setup should I use?

Ive got Lees Precision Engineering carbon fibre silencers on my Maruis - very lightweight. Not on the TM G17 though but only because I haven't got around to fitting a silencer adapter. I've also got one of the Marui silencers that Z1 have and they're pretty good as well. You can actually get an adapter that fits on to slightly extended inner barrels and you can just fit on a suppressor as normal except it's fitted to the inner rather than outer barrel.
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional...

The tinkering tale of an airsoft addict, wargamer and book fanatic at http://ocdairsoft.blogspot.com/
    It even gets updated occasionally... Quite recently even!

Comment

Originally posted by Libris View Post
      You can actually get an adapter that fits on to slightly extended inner barrels and you can just fit on a suppressor as normal except it's fitted to the inner rather than outer barrel.
      Would you be able to link me one of those inner barrels? I can't seem to find them anywhere:/

Comment

Originally posted by xXRobbie98Xx View Post
        So I've heard from a couple people that silencers can cause the slide to lock due to the added weight put on the exterior barrel down or something like that. What would people recommend for setting up a silencer in my G17? I heard the best solution is to get one of those extended interior barrels offered by WE that actually continues out of the gun and into the suppressor, therefore the weight is placed upon the interior barrel, not the exterior. This however, is not something I am willing to do because I would be taking the silencer off when not using the gun and it would be a hassle to strip it and remove that long interior barrel each time.

The next solution that could work is getting a barrel that is only extended a slight amount and also getting an adaptor that actually attaches to the extended interior barrel with little bolts. Would this be a good solution? Has anyone had any problems doing this? Thanks for your time!

Search for a Laylax Nineball TM G18C S.A.S front conversion kit.

I know its for a G18c but considering the dimensions are identical it should in theory work. That attaches to your rail and sits in front of your barrel so it will put no stress on the inner barrel whatsoever.

**** ******* sell them however they are currently out of stock, might be worth while calling and asking if they will order specifically.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

xXRobbie98Xx Find out more about xXRobbie98Xx
        Working...
        X