Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tm recoil vs gp recoil vs bolt vs kwa

Hello all,

I currently own a tm scar h, i dont seem to airsoft as much as i like, so thinking of selling it to get a decent simple m4.

Im thinking standard aeg, but i do rather like tge bolt stop abd shakeyness of a tm.
    Im not a big fan of the recoil m4, so was wondering what other brands are like.

There was a thread of fb about it, but im no longer on fb.

Cheers
    FOR SALE
    7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
    , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Re: Tm recoil vs gp recoil vs bolt vs kwa

See I find TM recoils have killed normal AEG's for me.

I've literally just sold a perfectly good LCT VAL because shooting it felt sterile compared with Recoil/GBBR.
    Originally posted by tackle
    For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

I own a TM, bolt and KWA recoil. All m4 based.

If i was to be honest, pound for pound, my go to gun is my kwa rm4

Comment

Do other bands have bolt stop function?

Just seem crazy having a expensive gun i dont use much..
        FOR SALE

Comment

the KWA does ( and pmags)but the bolt does not

Comment

I own three TM m4 recoils, my favourite is a stock SOPMOD. It just works. And I can bash it about and don't cry as much as I would do with my other two which are maxed out external and internal.

Comment

Stock SOCOM with deans fitted and a 7.4v 1.3A brick. Its an amazing skirmish gun and ran me 315 total from echigoya.
              Originally posted by tackle
              For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

KWA RM4 owner, absolutely love using it. I tend to find i pick it over my tippmann now days due to not having the line and just having better out the box performance. Plus the mag stop feature is very nice.

Comment

I'm enjoying the recoil in my g36. It's and ares ar-56-e so has options in recoil and has the bolt stop option. It also has the electronic trigger so you can hammer away in semi with full recoil and I haven't had and it lock ever

Comment

Originally posted by concretesnail View Post
                    I'm enjoying the recoil in my g36. It's and ares ar-56-e so has options in recoil and has the bolt stop option.
                    They're not really the same. What you have (presumably) is an Ares AR36E. While it has felt recoil, that's 'blow-back', not a heavy moving weight like a Recoil Shock, or an ERG, or a BOLT. Also, while it does have a bolt catch, it's entirely manual - it looks to me like the only use is locking the bolt cover back so you can access the hop-up unit or something? I think ElZer0 is talking about bolt-lock/release, part of the stop-on-empty feature that's installed in some Recoil Shocks and the ERGs but not on the Ares.

Personally, ElZer0, I would keep the SCAR-H unless you think you'll get a lot of money selling it. The TM HK416D is still by far the best Recoil AR, and even the (really good, but not quite as good) RM4 ERGs aren't going to be a lot cheaper than selling your SCAR-H so you'd be using an inferior weapon and likely losing money after having to purchase all-new magazines etc.

Comment

Thanks for all the input everyone.

Still undecided what to do... Hopefully have a skirmish at weekend and will help me think
                      FOR SALE

Comment

Having had a TM Scar and G36 which I both really liked, the Magpul RM4 from KWA beats them hands down. The recoil was way stronger than the TM's.

Comment

Does anyone have a Bolt? I'm currently looking to sell 2 AEG's to fund a TM Sopmod but only need to sell one of them if I went for the bolt so am considering on the basis that it's about £170 cheaper. The bolt stop function is nice but not a deal breaker for me.

my head says TM as had a few before and they are awesome but will only have one gun if I went TM, however if I went with the bolt I could keep my Krytac PDW as back-up. I only play every 2-3 months so not like I'm hammering rounds through the gun every weekend.

would appreciate some views from any bolt owners of their experiences, in particular on range and what it's like using a 7.4 lipo as heard that you need an 11.1, also is it true that it has a 6.00 barrel and does this cause any issues

cheers
                          sigpic

Comment

I've heard from the water cooler that the bolts have the most recoil. Some have had parts come apart because of the recoil.

Or it was because of the build quality, I'm unsure but I felt a tm recoil and I thought it was rather weak.

Comment

After ginally going out airsofting at the weekend, somehow the scar became much lighter...
                              Was super fun to shoot.

Will be keeping unless a v good 416 deal comes up
                              FOR SALE

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ElZer0 I was born, stuff happend Find out more about ElZer0
                              Working...
                              X