Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GBB vs CO2 magazines - Let me pick your brain

G'day,

Have recently acquired a WE GBB M4 and am deciding whether to stock out with GBB or CO2 magazines (I have a CO2 Nighthawk and love the power/consistency I get) and am looking for some feedback regarding the pros and cons of each type from more seasoned gas players.

Any input is appreciated lads

Pete
    Damn Brad, what else you got hidden in the humvee - a fat chick?

Re: GBB vs CO2 magazines - Let me pick your brain

We co2 mag's have a plastic or nylon type seal as opposed to a oring type rubber.

When they go out they are done and you need to buy new valves.

There is a company that makes a replacement for that nylon thing and nugentgl on YouTube has info where to get them.

I would rather use mapp gas or some of the "winter" green gas that's out there.

I don't like we co2 mag's one bit, sometimes the capsule gets stuck and you have to wait for it to warm to room temperature before you can get it out.

Not to mention the cap that you screw in to keep the capsule in place is very week and will eventually have chunks taken out of it from normal use.

Comment

My experience with Co2 mags is once the bulb is activated (pierced) it'll hold the gas for at best only a couple of days. Regular mags seem to hold their gas indefinitely.

Comment

We m4 mag efficiency isn't the greatest, although I can only speak for the GG mags. When using mine in anything below 5°c it just vented all the time and worked horribly. On the other hand my ghk m4 works perfectly in the cold due to the expansion chamber design.

Comment

Originally posted by Airsoft Joe View Post
          We m4 mag efficiency isn't the greatest, although I can only speak for the GG mags. When using mine in anything below 5°c it just vented all the time and worked horribly. On the other hand my ghk m4 works perfectly in the cold due to the expansion chamber design.
          Gg and propane in we m4 mag's fail to work due to thermal dynamics.

Propane usually stops working at 50-60*f, gg usually fails at 70*f.

Mapp gas works at 30*f

Comment

Originally posted by Sidneyious View Post
            Gg and propane in we m4 mag's fail to work due to thermal dynamics.

Propane usually stops working at 50-60*f, gg usually fails at 70*f.

Mapp gas works at 30*f
            I've used my ghk m4 mags stored at -5°c similar to the samoon vid and they worked perfectly fine. Only gas guns I'd ever use are ghk and marui.

Comment

I've used my ghk m4 mags stored at -5°c similar to the samoon vid and they worked perfectly fine. Only gas guns I'd ever use are ghk and marui.
              As would I but sadly the only gun they make I use is the ghk.

And marui only makes an m4, so both are behind on the gun offerings that we has that draws people to them.

I still have my we mk14mod0 and a timberwolf, eventually we will make an ar10/sr25(proper new style) and I will buy that as soon as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Sidneyious View Post
                As would I but sadly the only gun they make I use is the ghk.

And marui only makes an m4, so both are behind on the gun offerings that we has that draws people to them.

I still have my we mk14mod0 and a timberwolf, eventually we will make an ar10/sr25(proper new style) and I will buy that as soon as possible.
                For sure, We tech definitely has the variety advantage. Have you seen the new bullpup kit for the ghk g5? Made by a company called sru who also make we scar L kits, looks fantastic and is a very unique design, although I imagine it will be quite the ear ringer!

Comment

Appreciate the feedback lads, been a big help :D

Comment

For sure, We tech definitely has the variety advantage. Have you seen the new bullpup kit for the ghk g5? Made by a company called sru who also make we scar L kits, looks fantastic and is a very unique design, although I imagine it will be quite the ear ringer!
                    They make a mk17 kit as well, Evike is selling that soon.

Sadly I hate bulpups, Understand the idea but I'm an ambidextrous shooter and the only ambidextrous bulpup I know of is the p90 and I hate that a lot.

The ergos piss me off and the shit trigger pull on bulpup are always shit.

Comment

I guess the question now is......what do I upgrade on it? :D

Comment

Best upgrades for the we rifles is the lfs disk from fg airsoft.

If you need steel parts(AK, m15) ra tech and Hephaestus are needed (trigger stuff, the mk14 only needs a one piece trigger box but you can't get just that).

Do not buy 6.01 barrels and buy tm OEM buckings. Otherwise buy OEM replacement parts and stay away from angry gun.

I hear ok things from the spring less valves(the tornado valves are crap), just change to a higher pressure gas when it gets cold.

Or save and buy a ghk, devilhunter mod the mag's and just shoot.

Comment

all good to know, cheers :D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mister Zsasz Find out more about Mister Zsasz
                          Working...
                          X