Pushing my Krytac further

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pushing my Krytac further

My dear Krytac CRB is a great gun with a solid Rof and range at around 330fps. Sadly, I'm like an Asian parent - simply never satisfied. I want to push her further but I'm highly conflicted between the upgrades available. The gun in question us a stock CRB, so any upgrades have to be top of the line and high end. But not systema high end cus' that's crazy. Anywho: Motor I was considering a systema turbo or an infinity 45000. If anyone is aware of a motor that can easily pull m100+ but push past my stock 30000 high torque krytac please do share <3. I'd love to push past 30rps whilst maintaining trigger response and fps. Inner barrel: laylax 300mm 6.03 for an fps boost and arguably accuracy. Not much more to be said. Gearbox: stock krytac has an integrated mosfet so I ain't touching that. Hop up: Krytac is good out the box for this but if anyone knows a brand that goes further, please share Gears: don't feel as if I know enough about about gears, but any advice would be appreciated again.

Re: Pushing my Krytac further

Hey dude,
    as most people have told me - "upgrading" a Krytac can be a bit of a deathwish - you can do more harm than good. HOWEVER....

A mate of mine bought an SPR, and after I saw how good it was, I bought a CRB from the same place (naming no names).

Two months later, BOTH the SPR and the CRB decided it was time to eat their own gears, effectively rendering them three toothless discs spinning against nothing.
    Out of the need to repair the gears, i took them down to my local pro shop (PM me for details if you like).

The Krytac official gears (which must be ordered from Krytac/Kriss USA) from memory, are about £70~ + P&P and import fees.
    My tech put (i think) ASG Pro 19:1 gears in it, which are < £50.

Since he was opening the body up etc, I thought I might as well let him have a tinker - so he put
    -a stronger spring in
    -Tightbore inner barrel (6.03mm - I believe it's ASG I could be wrong)
    -Flat hop - Promethius Purple bucking and a firefly nub (together they cost about £22)
    -Deans wired battery (people say this gives a better trigger response than Tamiya)

I can tell you from my own experience, with these parts - "Upgrading a Krytac is not a good idea" is a COMPLETE MYTH.
    I'm getting better range, better ROF, better FPS (higher, as out of the box it was only shooting 220-240FPS) & better accuracy.

I don't claim to know loads about this stuff but I'm just telling you what I've witnessed first hand.
    Altogether, the repairs & upgrades (inc. parts & labor) came to £118. Worth every penny.

PM me if you want the name of the shop i used (not sure how Zero-One like you referencing others in this way publicly).
    They're located in Sheffield but can do stuff by post no probs.

PS - I trust you're using an 11.1v lipo?

**EDIT** I'm not suggesting you change the gears btw, but if they self destruct like mine did, I can vouch for the ASG ones as a solid replacement.

Comment

My mates LVOA ate its gears after 3hrs, fps was only 280 out of the box...that was 6 weeks ago and he's still not got it back. We're wondering if the specs are different on UK models. It's a shame because it's a gun I really want to like.

Comment

Yeah well I know they put a weaker spring and the 20k not 30k motors in the UK versions.

When i say "Two months later" mine ate it's own gears, that would be like 4 or 5 skirmishes at the most - equating to maybe 40 hours use max.

I think it's been about another two maybe three months since I had the repairs upgrades and it's still going strong so... fingers crossed

- - - Updated - - -

One more thing, if you despise the stock pistol grip on the Krytac M4s like I did, I can highly recommend the cheap "G27" style grips sold on various sites for <£10 (you'll need a belt sander or something just to take the edge off it a bit to make it fit though) - again - PM me for link
        Last edited by callumbagshaw; 27 September, 2016, 10:34.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Asmodias Find out more about Asmodias
        Working...
        X