Collapse

Wanting to move to Gas. Is there a G36?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanting to move to Gas. Is there a G36?

I'm wanting to move over to a gas rifle. GBBR. I will keep my aeg for some games.

I am however wanting a fully licensed H&K G36c or something G36 C/K Mil-spec whatever.
    I honestly cannot find anything out there available to buy in the UK. I know VFC had one but that is now discontinued and I cannot buy it from anyone. No released date for any new one either and I dont want to be waiting months for it to be released either.

Can you please help me find one?

Just to stress I do not want an unlicensed WE or something like that.

Re: Wanting to move to Gas. Is there a G36?

Whilst I don't know any "licensed" ones, the WE is great value for money, easy to get parts/upgrades conversions etc. there's even metal trademark stickers for them if you're that bothered by them.

Comment

I believe choice wise for you have;
      WE, Daytona gun (external rig), VFC (mags are meant to be very bad- might be better HPA tapped), SRC (not all that common, replacement parts might be hard to get), GHK kit (terrible, avoid), Army (WE clone). Not sure what has trades and what not

Comment

As stated, the WE does not carry trades but I can honestly tell you that it is the best value for money G36.
        I ran mine on gas during the winter and it was fine, I now fun it with HPA and it is very impressive.

The VFC seems to disappoint many people and looking at reviews it doesn't seem worth it.

Go for the WE!

Comment

Certainly worth considering. The ONLY thing that put me off a We was the WE 999 plastered on it. If I can get a plate on it that might turn the tables.

Comment

If that's the only thing putting you off then cover it up or buy one of those trade stickers if you really need it. I can honestly say that it does not bother me and nobody pays any attention to it, in fact, I have had many compliments on mine and how it performs. I run mine on hpa and it is the best performing and fun rif I've had.
            It's solid, sounds great and recoils hard, plus parts are cheap and easy to source.
            The VFC just doesn't seem worth it imo.

Comment

Ok so going to throw a curveball. Does an TM M4 MWS have better recoil then the G36's available or is it pretty standard over the gas range? I question what the price is for on the TM MWS apart from the Z system. Oohhhh its such a hard decision.

Comment

I can't speak for the TM but as its relatively new I do t know how readily available parts are and how well they are working.
                Every gbbr is going to have different recoil. My G36 kicks hard, more than my mates scar but then my little we mp7 kicked harder than anything I have ever used in airsoft.
                There are companies that make after market parts that can enhance different models with heavier bolt carriers, buffers etc so there are ways to tune them how you like.

Comment

The WE one is excellent, you wont go wrong with it..
                  "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

I'd advise against the TM MWS, compared to even WE, the gas efficiency on the mags are pitiful. Lee Nugent (NugentGL) did a comparison video as soon as they were available against a few other common GBBR M4 systems and the results were amusingly bad. Also as is typical with a TM gun this new, good luck finding a reliable source of spare parts for it OEM or aftermarket.

As for GBBR G36's, VFC is best avoided as like most VFC GBBR's they are incredibly inconsistent, almost to the point where no 2 guns will ever perform the same. Some will run so hot they wouldn't be safe under any circumstances, others will chomp through spares at an alarming rate.
                    Main Armoury: CYMA Zhukov AK | G&P M7A1 | PTS Masada AKM

Comment

Although I take your point completely on the gas efficiency and I did watch the test (along with hours of others all guns and types) I cannot see how it would make much difference to me. Surely you would have enough mags to last the game and would only be using the one mag before changing out for another rather then loading the mag up again during a game?
                      I would take it that when your loading a mag with bb's you would just chuck more gas in it?

I do however note that its almost 2 and half times better then the TM which is an absolute awesome result shame on TM really but maybe the recoil is a touch more.

Comment

Regarding the TM MWS, the system is geared more towards reliability rather than brute recoil strength. Also gas efficiency can be improved dramatically by removing the silver siphon tube within the magazine. While using green gas it can shoot up to and over 100 bbs on a full tank. Most of the MWS users I've encountered have used this mod successfully with no reported side effects. Myself included.

Recently there has been an explosion of aftermarket support for the system by manufacturers such as Spear Arms, Angry Gun, RA-Tech, WII Tech, Asura Dynamics and UAC. Although for the time being OEM parts are a little harder to find.

Now regarding the G36, the WE wins it for me every time. Yeah it isn't licensed and all that but DAYYUMMM can it shoot!
                        WE themselves showcasing its fantastic out of the box performance with the 18-19 magazine full auto mag dump video, VFC can't compete with that ;-)
                        http://www.youtube.com/badabingpictures

https://www.facebook.com/BadaBingPictures

Comment

To be honest I feel this thread has been ruin by Bada bing. I watched a lot of his videos last night and also this evening with me actually seeing the video he done one increasing the gas efficiency.
                          I pick up my TM MWS on Friday The G36 has no good platform that I would be happy with (at the moment). It was a hard decision over the GHK or the TM M4 but after seeing Bada Bings M4 with the awesome looking rail I must have that weapon. So unfortunately none of the G36 guns out there which I started the thread for actually get sold. I will keep an eye out as I know a new gen VFC G36 is due to come out soon.

Bada Bing I would really appreciate it if you could help me get the parts you have that make yours look so awesome. I would like them in Black though. How do I get that awesome look please?

Thank you everyone who helped and commented

Comment

I have a WE G36k I've fitted a hard alloy buffer and it kicks even hard that before also it out performs most aegs , like you I was looking of a fully licensed version only VFC 's G36K milspec was out their but to get it to work half as good as the WE it cost you a small fortune for the upgrade parts which to be honest for the price of the VFC you shouldn't have to be buying as its a top brand are mostly made by crusader new bolt, valves ,nozzle , mag upgrade too to help it perform better all cost big bucks and are like rocking horse poo to source .
                            I'm in to my G36's as my gear and layout are all aimed towards the German KSK ,EGB look the WE fits the bill I've camo sprayed mine and to be honest it looks the real deal I'd go for the WE hands down trademarks you can't see them most of the time in real life as either the rifles are camo sprayed of they wear down with time and weather .

Comment

WE - You can buy a sticker that gives it trades so a non issue.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

audiobull Find out more about audiobull
                              Working...
                              X