Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Real-steel 1911 parts and the WE 1911...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real-steel 1911 parts and the WE 1911...

Hi everyone, curious if real-steel 1911 parts would fit on the WE 1911 (I know real-steel grips fit on for a fact) as I can source real parts quite easily from friends abroad.

It wouldn't probably work, but it might - would it work with other brands of airsoft 1911s? - Like TM or WA.

While I'm here, does anyone know where I can get my mits on an ambidextrous safety? :D Jealousy arisen from a picture...

Mods, move if necessary - Just noticed I posted in the wrong section... *sigh*

Re: Real-steel 1911 parts and the WE 1911...

just be carefull matey, a friend of mine sourced a body for a sterling to complete his screen accurate stormtrooper E11 blaster, ended up being banned from the U.S. (turned away at customs... IN the States!) and being questioned by C.I.D. when he got back for dealing with a naughty bloke from the states that converts semi's to full auto!

Not saying your mates abroad are on the F.B.I. top 100 wanted list, but customs watch gun parts, (real steel) entering the UK...

Comment

I'd be curious to know how many "real steel" parts you can bring into the UK without getting into trouble.

I expect the odd magazine catch might not be an issue. By things like grips, slides etc might have certain rules attached to them.

Worth looking into anyway!

Comment

I highly doubt grips and various small parts. - Just curious with say, possibly the frame.

Comment

would the frame even fit because the frame and slide are really designed for real steel.
          i doubt the slide will fit but the frame might, thinking about it.
          Originally posted by parky
          If you're looking for a good sniper, I hear Vassily Zaitsev is good this time of year.

It's sniper RIFLE.

What do they teach these 19 year olds these days...

Comment

After a bit of research, I'm doubting that the frame would fit. - Remembered the airsoft magazine is a bit too skinny, by about a few mm. Although, its been awhile since I've fired the a real one.

Comment

Im sure their would be something about bringing slides and frames into the country that wouldnt be allowed.

The parts that definately wouldnt be allowed are the barrel and firing mechanism. you might get away with triggers,mag release and safety.

Comment

i know **** ********* do a steel top and bottom receiver but i also know the we make of the 1911 uses a different gas part than a marui or kwa so i wouldn't of thought it would fit.

email **** ********* or something

Comment

The barrel, slide and frame of real steel .45's have to be deactivated by law to own them, unless you have a firearm licence that permits you to import and own them.

Paul.

Comment

got so rubber gripa from a military show for my wa 92fs perfect and they didnt fit
                    and remeber a lad inporting a 300 round mag so he could fit it to his sa80 when he went on exercise the police gave him a visit wanting to no why he needed it

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TheLazyMarksman Please be aware that not only myself use this account. Find out more about TheLazyMarksman
                    Working...
                    X