zeroin scope - fustration :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: zeroin scope - fustration

On reflection, it sounds like your scope is not parallel to your rifle bore and may be pointing down. This has the effect off bbs rising through the line of sight at close range. As they travel, they lose height and fall into zero at longer range. You want this to happen but need to set the rise through the line of sight to be a tad further down range giving a flatter trajectory. Assuming the scope isn't damaged it may be ghat you need to raise the front of the scope a little. film negative can be cut to pad out the bottom of the front scope ring.

Comment

thanks alot tin, the advice is great and i will be taking this with me to my next game day, fingers crossed its sets up better next time

Comment

Scopes are for long distance shooting, if you want a scope to be useful at 25m or less you are probably being over optimistic, and will have to compensate for your close range shots-unfortunately.

To me it sounds like your hop up is not working well enough anyway, there should be a slight raise in flight but not so much that it disappears off the viewing area altogether unless you have very high zoom, cutting off the AoV.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Comment

hopup is fine and yes it does lift slightly.

and by close range i mean between 25 and 35 metres as i can't fire at a target that is less than 25 metres to me.

Comment

Can you give some details of what you're using/ pics?

Comment

maruzen l96 all stock but body is warrior (guesing that doesn't matter)

the scope is a TASCO 3-9x40EG. it is illuminated but never use illumination

Comment

Hey mate, try shimming one of the mounts, anythign will do really, i use wads of paper folded up and it works a treat on my rifle.
                Anyone else on here play at unreal airsoft?

Comment

I've got that exact scope and used to have it mounted on my G3SG1 before I sold it.
                  I actually know what you mean though, it is a bit of an odd scope.

You said on your original post "today you had problems". If it was fine before perhaps the hop is knackered?

Have you tried going the complete other direction with the screws. I made the mistake myself when I first bought my own scope.

Some of these may be useless and I highly suggest Tin is probably nearer the mark, i'm just providing you with more possibilities

Comment

the hops perfectly fine there is no damage to the rubber at all.

as for going the other way with adjustments i will have to give it a go but iel be surprised if it improves i think its going to be tin or some kine of material to lift the front scope up a little.

thanks fellas

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

badas Find out more about badas
                    Working...
                    X