tb barrels in pistols, worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tb barrels in pistols, worth it?

hi all, just curios to how such a short tb barrel effects the acuracy and range on most pistols?

reason i ask is that my pistol on full auto spreads out quite far.

ty

edit my pistol is a cyma G18c AEP.

Re: tb barrels in pistols, worth it?

TBs for AEPs won't do much, may give a small boost of FPS and accuracy; but thats it.

When you mean 'most pistols' I'm assuming you're on about GBBs, GBBs are affected by tight-bores and barrel length, similar to real-steel weapons.

Comment

apparently the tightbore makes quite a difference accuracy wise with the aep's

Comment

prob with the aeps is there hop units and alignments are so fickle, they really take some time to get right after the install of a barrel.

prob for me is i was after as much power as i could get so whether the pdi 6.01 did something or didnt do something i HAD to fit it in my never ending quest for 330 fps from my aep.

Comment

In an AEP probably would give better results, as it is a more study platform.

With a GBB I don't see the point. In most the barrel is rather unsupported, so jiggles round itself quick a lot when firing.

Comment

Originally posted by richardy View Post
            prob with the aeps is there hop units and alignments are so fickle, they really take some time to get right after the install of a barrel.

prob for me is i was after as much power as i could get so whether the pdi 6.01 did something or didnt do something i HAD to fit it in my never ending quest for 330 fps from my aep.
            but was there a noticable increase in range and acuracy with a tb fitted compared to one that wasn't?

thanks

Comment

hmm i think so, nothing i could go out and measure though. As with all upgrades they are fine if you have the cash if not dont bother.

Annodised gearbox parts, can we see them after they have been fit no, do we need them no, do we like them yes, do we buy shiny things yes.

Comment

Hey guys, when i installed my tight bore into my p226 Tm sig it made no diff that im aware of, but soon as i put one in my TM deagle, the accuracy and range went through the roof. Range more so, the cost of the barrel made my deagle shoot nearly aeg range. Honest to god its a beast!!!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

badas Find out more about badas
                Working...
                X