Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VTG's

Hi All,

Not to sure if this should go in the advice/new players section or here.

Just been paid a bonus for being fuel efficient at work. Not sure what I've done to do that but hey I'm not complaining. Anyway I've always wanted to get a BFG and now's the time. Basically it worked out that the bonus covers 3 SWAT VTG's and happy days they're on the way. A Pink, Yellow and Pholume one.

Basically my question is, what's the best way to store these on a MOLLE vest in your opinion's. I've thought about putting the spoon through a loop, however not to sure that this is the most secure method. Im looking at pouches, however from my understanding these units are bigger than the Dynatec BFG's which most pouches seem to accommodate and question their compatibility.

Has anyone any experience and recommendations please.

Thanks in advance.
    Andy.

Re: VTG's

I use a kydex clip with a molle strap through the back which i made at hime for a for a few quid. Pouch wise as far as I know smoke grenade pouches fit vtg but I'd check by getting some measurements or taking one to a store if you have one. Or something like a horizontal utility pouch should hold all three.

Comment

Originally posted by concretesnail View Post
      I use a kydex clip with a molle strap through the back which i made at hime for a for a few quid. Pouch wise as far as I know smoke grenade pouches fit vtg but I'd check by getting some measurements or taking one to a store if you have one. Or something like a horizontal utility pouch should hold all three.
      Hi, thanks for the reply, do you find the kydex clip secure enough not to worry to much whilst running about all day?

Comment

HW Holsters do an excellent job of making those Kydex retention clips. Run one with my OhShiBoom and Dynatex BFGs.
        Last edited by Proffrink; 16 October, 2016, 22:47.

Comment

Smoke grenade pouches are a perfect fit normally.

Do NOT hang them from the spoon, you'll only end up bending it and making the grenades useless.

Comment

Originally posted by JCheeseright View Post
            Smoke grenade pouches are a perfect fit normally.

Do NOT hang them from the spoon, you'll only end up bending it and making the grenades useless.
            That clears that one up then, thanks very much!

Comment

Originally posted by andy02380 View Post
              Hi, thanks for the reply, do you find the kydex clip secure enough not to worry to much whilst running about all day?
              They are as long as you are careful when making it. I have tested mine at full sprinting and it's fine. The only time I'd say there could be a possible issue would be a chance (very slim) of catching the pin when crawling prone. A pouch would help there but slows down deployment a little and costs a little more.

Comment

Originally posted by concretesnail View Post
                They are as long as you are careful when making it. I have tested mine at full sprinting and it's fine. The only time I'd say there could be a possible issue would be a chance (very slim) of catching the pin when crawling prone. A pouch would help there but slows down deployment a little and costs a little more.
                That's grand! Thanks very much for your help.

Comment

I use the hwholster one for mine hasn't fallen off once, before I did use a small utility pouch but the m4 mag pouches should fit them also. Would go to an airsoft shop and try it in pouches to be sure if in doubt.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Comment

Recently I saw a clip type thing that a guy had 3d printed - not sure where he got it from but worth searching for if you had that kinda thing available to you.

Comment

That's for the TRMR. The VTGs and Dynatex Timer BFGs don't have a 'neck' that one of those could attach to. That's why Kydex is the best option for quick retention. Again a plug for HW Holsters - they're making the best BFG clips for these two that money can buy right now.

Obviously if pouches are your thing then that's a separate issue, but for speed they're not beaten.

Comment

I can second third and fourth hw kit. Got a couple made for original metal impacts and they were great. Never fell out despite runnin about mad in cqb

Comment

hw holster arrived today great unit and i'm really pleased. Thanks for all the help guys!

Comment

Anytime mate

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Comment

Have just ordered a rentention clip for my oshihboom after reading this thread so will leave my opinions once received

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

andy02380 Find out more about andy02380
                              Working...
                              X