night vision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• night vision

What night vision do you use and how much did you pay?? Looking to buy my first pair

Re: night vision

carrots.jpg

Comment

That's cruel
      Da Posh Boi, innit

Comment

An/pvs14, £2150

Comment

Wouldn't it just be rendered useless if somebody shines a torch in your face?

Comment

No more than the carrots would.
            The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

Originally posted by KenIchikawa View Post
              Wouldn't it just be rendered useless if somebody shines a torch in your face?

No, a decent autogated tube will dim the image and you'll still be able to see pretty well.

Besides, night vision gives you the advantage of seeing them first before they know where to shine the torch in the first place.

Comment

Im looking at this myself mate, there are cheap PVS14 clones out there but I am going for a Pulsar Challenger gs 1x20. Ive done a bit of looking into on it and its a good civilian gen 1 model. Its only a couple hundred quid and has been well received by night shooters after vermin and what not. You can cover the lens with some Perspex or whatever but at least if it breaks you can get replacements for it which may not always be the case with the super bargain basement IR monocles
                Damn Brad, what else you got hidden in the humvee - a fat chick?

Comment

I will likely be selling a gen2 autogated unit very soon if anyone is interested. Gen1 sucks. Gen2 is decent. Gen3 is another world!!!

Comment

If you want NV go for it matey but after over 12 yrs of scurmishing I feel there just bit of a d**k measureing competition , unless your playing a LOT of night games or you play a lot in very low light urban sites then not much use . I'd rather spend the dosh on another 'must have' gat .
                    Just my two peneth.
                    But again if you want it go for it .
                    From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

... And then you have the question do you go IR or thermal? They both have good and bad points, it is possible to blend away with some early IR into the back ground mush and not be seen where-as thermal normally gives you away! There is a fantastic video on YT that shows IR vs Thermal, it is most certainly an eye opener.

As for flare, any sensible IR kit will dim out so a torch might not blind you - not like "Patriot Games", but as others have said you should see them first.

Yukon do some good mono-scopes. Get one and get a good IR torch and you should be good to go.

Cheers Steve
                      Move Fast - Kill All

And yes that Barrett is real and heavy ...

Comment

Yukon do some good mono-scopes. Get one and get a good IR torch and you should be good to go.

Yes indeed, meant to mention that one! buddy of mine has a Yukon Spartan which does the job well for him on a helmet mount and while Clotfuhrer is right about Gen 1, some of the Super CF Gen 1 models are pretty good for lower budgets.
                        Damn Brad, what else you got hidden in the humvee - a fat chick?

Comment

I made one from a sjcam m10 cam its pretty sweet + you can record from it, you well need an IR source

video here,

and

The Airsoft Knowledge Base Project is where we will be building up information, guides, fixes and other Airsoft knowledge.

Comment

here's a picture of the m10 mounted

and here's the old gen 1

gen 1 image to compare with video

in a nutshell stay away from older gen1 stuff,
                            The Airsoft Knowledge Base Project is where we will be building up information, guides, fixes and other Airsoft knowledge.

Comment

I have have a few messages on how to do it, just follow what Trac did in this video, its in French but has subs
                              ( I think my version looks better :p )

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

cancerslug all round good guy...till the bullets start to fly Find out more about cancerslug
                              Working...
                              X