Advice on aftersales please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on aftersales please.

Ok, so I sold a Cyma AK to a forum member 2 months ago, the gun was firing fine when sent. He has just PMed me saying that he has'nt used in that 2 months until now and that it has stripped its gears and is expecting me to do something about it. Now after 2 months I think this is well and truelly not my problem anymore. I do and have issued refunds before but only if any problems have been highlighted soon after purchase, anything could have happened to that gun in 2 months and this seems very unreasonable to me, any thoughts?
    HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Re: Advice on aftersales please.

Nope, no refund, two months is a long time, when its sent to him, he gets it, he says it fires fine, after that the gun is HIS and you have nothing to do with it.

Comment

Short answer, hes stuck with it now. You sold it in good faith, firing fine. Sold as advertised.

You wouldnt get a refund in a shop on purchases beyond 28 days unless its under warranty.

His problem now.
      AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

tbh not your problem, the guy ccould be lying and 2 months is a fair bit of time so he needs to sort it,not you. that wouldnt be fair

Comment

his problem now

Comment

Thanks guys, thats what I thought.
            HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

Agree with everyone else here. If the guy is genuine then yeah its a shame, but he should have checked the gun straight away. His fault for leaving it 2 months.
              Get it right roon ye!

Comment

agreed with everyone else, it's his fault not yours.

Comment

yup his problem, its the same with packages, if you dont check it when it arrives then hes got no leg to stand on.

That said i do offer free labour on any guns ive sold, so if one does break 3 months down the line ill offer my time to fix it for free in good faith but they pay for parts and delivery.

Comment

Sounds a bit dodgy anyway, it couldnt have stripped its gears in stoarage could it?

Anyway, its his problem now, should have checked earlier for faults
                    hasta la vista, baby

Comment

I find it VERY hard to believe that somebody receives a "new toy" in the post, and does not wield it round for a few mins and fire off test shots.

Even if he brought it, and it stripped on the first shot that is kind of bad luck. Unless you sent it broken ofcourse!

You as the seller have no way of knowing if something is half a dozen shots from blowing up!

Comment

I had a tough one like this, a chap purchased my Scar, I'd just had it serviced and was to my knowledge firing mint when sent (it missed the PDI, and had in all honesty hardly been used since purchased a couple of months back, still it was taken in and serviced). However, the day after the chap recieved it he said it was firing low, at aprx 190.

It was akward, as it was firing fine the last time I chrono'd and used it at the court house (the last use before selling).

I had a PM saying the piston was stripped and a new piston head was also required and the cost was £37.00. I couldn't claim this back from my retailer as he had already given it to someone else, really they should have repaired it, but to post back and forth again would have cost at least £40.00.

I can't say either way if it was or wasn't broken when sent, it's possible it could have been damaged I suppose in my last game or not and I didn't notice as it was CQB, or he could have put a high voltage battery in and dry fired it all night playing around, but at the end of the day the chap paid good money for a gun he couldn't use properly. I've just transfered £30 of the £37 back to him, I figure that's most of the cash, and him shelling out £7.00 for another fresh service and brand new piston is a good deal anyway.

I've bought rifles before second hand, and they have fired shite, or something has been wrong and I have never had anything back from the seller. I know how anoying it is, and in some ways I wonder why I should be concerned as others aren't with me (and some people seem to willingly sell screwed guns), but I'm not like that.

I would say however that in your instance, if you sold it and you know 100% it was working, then a month is a little too long, I mean the day I get a new rifle I start playing around with it, I mean who wouldn't?
                        Weapons of Choice:
                        G&G SOC-16
                        Socom Gear NOVAK neXt 1911
                        JG - AK47 tactical
                        VFC Scar - L
                        Custom Benelli M3 Super 90

Comment

i personally think if the gun was firing fine when you shipped it then a polite reply stating that and that after 2 months he has left it far too long to be making claims.

Other than that don't get in to it.

Smiffy
                          G&P SR-25 CA M14 WE 1911

If we have traded and i haven't left feedback feel free to remind me by PM.

Just 'cause i'm online doesn't mean i'm sat at my computer, i could actually be doing some work for a change.

Comment

funny coz ive bought a few guns that have just sat around and not been tested or only fired a few shots,this happens to be with mainly aegs,because i didnt have a charged battery and cant be bothered to charge it,always seems to be guns that need an ak type stick battery...oh yeah i have a mauser c96 gas gun thats never been tested....going back to the OP if i find one of the guns is malfunctioning after even two weeks let alone two months then that is my tough $hit
                            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Its just luck of the draw when it comes to 2nd hand guns mate. He just wasn't that lucky.

You never know, he could have been using a lipo everyday since he had it and that stripped the piston!

Hope you get a pleasing outcome mate

Martin
                              If god was an AEG, i have owned him at some point....

MB

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Devlin Find out more about Devlin
                              Working...
                              X