g3 spring & electric wtf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g3 spring & electric wtf

been given a g3 to repair today the gun is all metal with plastic furniture but kept locking up,
    upon dismantling and finding alot of aeg parts ive never seen before, found out this gun can be manually cocked and used as a springer.
    its about 4 years old and was bought from a uk retailer anyone have any ideas to the make or any other details
    m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Re: g3 spring & electric wtf

Have you got any pictures?
    dsgdreamteam

Comment

not at present, but looks like a totally normal g3 as said has a silver grey metal body and black plastic furniture.
      internally though it all changes, aeg internals very sturdy ,considerably stronger than a v2,3 mechbox ,piston twice the size of a standard v2,3 and very strongly made.
      gearbox is 2 piece design top half with piston bottom with gearbox.
      this setup uses no tappet plate but a sprung loaded nozzle that passes up the centre of the piston
      m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

photo of gearbox.
        http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...0/IMG_0582.jpg

Comment

is it me or does that gear box look a bit simular as the aa r85a1 internals . exspecally if the top half seperates from gear box part

Comment

not just you

i agree

Comment

what was wrong with the complete mech box . any thing else then keeps lockin up . .

Comment

in springer mode gun works fine about 250fps but when in aeg mode keeps locking up suspect armature on motor a possability.
                as previous the gun was bought new from hobbies so is obviously a china gun but the build quality would put alot of new guns to shame as in its very robust but due to its design has limited upgrades and nearly no chance of obtaining spares for it.
                he says the gun was bought a yeart or two before the vcr so is hardly one of the first aegs on the market unless at the time it was some very old stock

Comment

in aeg mode have you checked the wiring from battery . and check the terminals on motor red and black mate . also is there any noise comin from the motor like a clicking as trigger is pulled

Comment

its deffo a crapped motor ,out of the gun it keeps stopping and starting but using a meter it has continuous voltage, the motor as with everything else is non standard.
                    to be honest the design wont allow a great deal of power and the hop is crap and virtually unmoddable and unique to the gun, im more interested in its age and make as ive never seen anything like this before

Comment

I remember seeing this a long time ago - would have been before I bought my gun so I reckon it's gotta to be at least 4 years old?

I also seem to remember it being a Both Elephant but I could be wrong.
                      Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 19 April, 2009, 00:02. Reason: Discussion of other retailers is not permitted.

Comment

well if you say it before VCRA least we know where the sa80 has the mech box design from . as for mods mate best ask a few shop workers to get definitive answer mate

Comment

trawling the net it could possibly be a ksc hk33 aeg/springer never heard of it till know, will be ringing hobbies next week for some info

Comment

ok mate good luck

Comment

The gearbox looks very much like that of the KSC 33s series or a clone of it (there is one out there somewhere), the main difference i can see with yous is the use of copper bushings, but they could be aftermarket additions. Heres are some pics of the KSC version for reference if it helps;
                              http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...ch/lowergb.jpg
                              http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...h/ksc33gb1.jpg
                              http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...h/kscgppa1.jpg
                              http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...ech/kscgs1.jpg
                              dsgdreamteam

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

screwdriver Find out more about screwdriver
                              Working...
                              X