Is ELEMENT same as ACM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is ELEMENT same as ACM?

Hi, in the past i had an Element T1 Micro rep and it was bloody good, i get the impression ACM is Element but not sure, are they the same company?

I only ask as i can only find Element ones for silly money compared to the ACM.

Cheers!

Re: Is ELEMENT same as ACM?

ACM = All China Made.

I.e. anything that comes from China, often unbranded. It is not a company, rather a term to represent cheap products from China.

Comment

Ahh ok, clever :P

I know that most china stuff, whatever the name on the side, is the same as the next, all from the same factory at the end of the day but there definatly is some quality difference, maybe some 'brands' get the top of the pile whilst others get the dregs??

Ever owned an ACM "branded" T1 micro?

Comment

There is an actual company by that name as well , there the Chinese version of ASG and cybergun . Basically they sold the gear for the Counterfiters in mainland China through HK under there name , the dodgy factories knock up the clone gear then ACM would sell it on under there name . Give it a 'slight' bit of legitimacy? Also explains the vast difference in quality you could get amongst there kit . Lol
        From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

Nothing concrete then, stick with the known Element brand then i guess.

I just hate it when you get a red dot sight that has a 6MOA size dot, which basically means you cant see your target for the damn red dot in the way if youre shooting further than 20M! Plus those ones that have a "dot" shape akin to a thunderbug!

Comment

Think we've all had at least one (if not more !) bits of knock off kit that's got the WTF ! Factor classic example for me is molle gear than matches up with no known system on the planet ! Straps and spacing wwwaaaaayyyy out !
            From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

Some Element stuff isn't bad - internal parts I mean....

Don't rate their shims as they seem to have a burr when punched out - SHS shims are my preferred ones I use

Element lightweight orange piston head seemed to seal nicely - have a few but only installed one so far but seemed good stuff

Element springs come in m95 m105 m115 etc - used a few m105's and produced good results
              think they might "fade" a little but guess all springs do after a while

AR Latch - have used a few of these, after a G&G one broke and since then have replaced and G&G boxes I have worked on
              (think they have changed these though as used to be silver & gold colour but now slightly different & all silver recently)

Think that is about it for internal bits, not tried their motors, I stick with SHS as a general rule of thumb replacement
              much like say 60 to 75% internal stuff replaced is SHS - the balance is what I got to hand/condition & what I feel should work best
              (this is just my personal take btw - plenty of other quality components out there)

As for SHS - you got Rocket Airsoft which is supposed to be oem SHS
              So far a few RA parts have held up well - but tbh most bits I have are SHS in bags than RA
              However there are/have been fake SHS parts floating around and people have reported certain oversea retailers selling possible fakes or old stock
              (SHS have a page on their site to help identify possible fake parts/packaging)

When stuff is really cheap there normally is a good/bad reason for it
              sometimes you can decide to take a chance or other times it is wise to do some digging first
              is why places like forums are good for sharing info

Comment

as Speedbird say Any China Make. Some can be very good, some not so, it's a bit hit and miss, but generally pretty good..
                "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Sprint Find out more about Sprint
                Working...
                X