Scrim nets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrim nets

Hi guys i havea l96 and some scrim nets how do i attach/place/postition them on the sniper rifle ?

Cheers guys and girls Dom

Re: Scrim nets

Use your imagination.

Wrap the gun in sniper tape, cut the scrim into strips. Glue the strips onto the gun:

Comment

I found wrapping the barrel and securing it with cableties and pinching it between the barrel and stock worked pretty well. Trim down the extra cabletie and fray/loosen the scrim down the barrel to break up the lines and bob's your uncle.
      Same thing for the scope.

Not sure about the body though, and if it's a two-tone, I'd leave it alone, simply to avoid running foul of the law.
      POW-LEECE THAT MOO-STASH
      sigpic

Comment

Wow Bravo, you ever lose that thing? Kinda makes mine look a bit ordinary...
        POW-LEECE THAT MOO-STASH
        sigpic

Comment

As i said last time bravotwozero, that is amazingly camouflaged and is very nice! why did you get rid of it? ;(

Comment

Warrior.

It was shite :p

Comment

Originally posted by bravotwozero View Post
              Warrior.

It was shite :p
              Haha, get it again but TM or maruzen and upgrade it completely internally and copy your camouflage pattern on the warrior and you will be the envy of the sniping world

Comment

just remember sniperboy12 to get different shades, otherwise it's pointless. Use paint if you can't source the right shades of scrim.

You'll just have a been green mushy rifle that won't blend in at all if you don't :p

Comment

Originally posted by StrangelyOrange View Post
                  Not sure about the body though, and if it's a two-tone, I'd leave it alone, simply to avoid running foul of the law.
                  I think that you only break the law if the change is permanent.
                  BOOM!

Comment

As a recent buyer of a Warrior L96, I'm not filled with confidence. What was wrong with yours Bravo? I'm not expecting unbridled wonderment out of mine, just the occasional nice first round hit at 40 meters. Am I likely to be disappointed?
                    POW-LEECE THAT MOO-STASH
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by StrangelyOrange View Post
                      As a recent buyer of a Warrior L96, I'm not filled with confidence. What was wrong with yours Bravo? I'm not expecting unbridled wonderment out of mine, just the occasional nice first round hit at 40 meters. Am I likely to be disappointed?

Mine had really poor performance.

It needed upgrading to be used as a half decent gun, let alone as a sniper. My mk.23 out ranged it. :eek:

I didn't have the time or patience to upgrade it, it may have looked nice but it was a lousy shot. Poor stock parts.

It's got the reputation to back my story.

Be prepared for a nice looking gun, but don't expect to be sharp shooting any time soon

Comment

Cheers guyes. I will post up pictures when iam finished with the gun. Hopefully it will lokk quite nice.

Comment

i have wrapped my l96 in srim netting (cut it up a little) and tied it to the gun using green strong ribbon stuff.

then cut the scrim a little, ruffled it up and it looks kind of like moss has grown arround my gun :P

then when i go into a game i will stick foiliage to it with either elastic bands or weave it through the netting. it looks decent but not really used much foiliage in it yet but i know it works fine.

i keep meaning to put up picks but i can't take any of it until a game day but then i am too buisy shooting people :P

Comment

Originally posted by bravotwozero View Post
                            Mine had really poor performance.

It needed upgrading to be used as a half decent gun, let alone as a sniper. My mk.23 out ranged it. :eek:

I didn't have the time or patience to upgrade it, it may have looked nice but it was a lousy shot. Poor stock parts.

It's got the reputation to back my story.

Be prepared for a nice looking gun, but don't expect to be sharp shooting any time soon
                            I'm not looking to upgrade mine really, it's nigh on point accurate at 35m with .25s at the moment so I'm quite happy with that. Dropping a single aimed round on someone is satisfaction enough for me, I love bolt actions and don't like the thought of £500 worth of upgrades to turn it into a monster, so it's all I need.

I've made sure I know what a 30m minimum engagement range looks like as well, seen some pretty nasty close sniper shots in the past and I'm not keen on inflicting any of my own.
                            POW-LEECE THAT MOO-STASH
                            sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Sniperboy12 Find out more about Sniperboy12
                            Working...
                            X