Collapse

scar, cant find out on search thread :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scar, cant find out on search thread :)

hey guys, sorry for another scar thread, i am looking at a ares scar L and wanted to know weather you can take the outer barrel off to make it like a heavy?
    sigpic

Re: scar, cant find out on search thread

Eh?

To make a SCAR-L into a heavy you'd need a completely different lower reciver to match the 7.62 configuration instead of 5.56

If you mean a shorter/longer barrel then yes, they should just twist off, at least the VFC one does. You can have it so the flash hider sits right at the gas block, or get the "sniper" barrel which is about 40ft long (over exaggeration, but its looong) and get a matching inner barrel.
    SAVE OUR SPORT
    http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

like what apmaman said the difference between the scar l and h is the rounds they fire so you need a barrel and lower and mags and a big ass flash hider

Comment

I believe people may have misunderstood. If I'm reading the OP message correctly, I think what he's asking is about changing the outter barrel from the normal barrel (which sticks out about 4" as shown in his sig picture) to the CQB style one where there's no outter barrel and just the flash hider.

Not sure about the Ares version (I have the VFC) but mine came with a CQB barrel so I can change it between the two. Means having to switch over the hop units which can be a total pain but I have ordered a couple spare hop units from VFC directly to resolve that issue so in future if I want a more CQB look for it all I have to do is pull the standard inner barrel (380mm) with the hop unit attached out and pop in the shorter CQB inner barrel (275mm).

Forgot to add... if this is what you're looking to do then all you would (in essence) need to do is get a shorter inner barrel for your scar and switch them over.
        Democracy: Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
        Liberty: A well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

TM M4 CQB-R SOPMOD, WE M1911 SILVER x2, KJW MK1, KWA USP .45, KWA MP9 (soon)

Comment

There are several different barrel lengths for the Ares Scar in complete outer barrel/inner barrel packages and take seconds to switch so you can do whatever the hell you like.

The amount of fail on this forum is increasing. Stop it. Use the damn search function.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

chris_taylor me, a handsome chap :D Find out more about chris_taylor
          Working...
          X