Opinions On DSR-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions On DSR-1

Basically over summe I am thinking quite seriously about getting an Ares DSR-1 and I just wondered if anyone has any opinions on it. More to the point - can anyone tell me what is like to use, range etc etc.

Thanks in advance
    WE/RA-tech M14 EBR | WE/RA-tech M14 | WE/RA-tech AKM | TM MP7A1 | PPS Kar 98K | Well MB03 | Hawsan Sawn Off Shotgun | TM USPc | Maruzen Walther P38 | Bell 1911 | Marushin S.A.A. Peacemaker

Re: Opinions On DSR-1

you may want to pm jfox61 as he has one i believe

Comment

if you do go for it make sure its the mk2 as the first
      as for zeroin owners i think (dont quote me) Hunter101 has 1 so he might be the man to ask

For sale,JG G3 sas solid stock() PM for details

Comment

I think I hear Jfox typing in the distance! :D

Funky rifle, I've gotten the pleasure to handle one! - Solid and simply defines badass, bolt is easy to cycle, lovely. - Although, its a shame I've never gotten to fire it... One of these days!

Comment

ooh ooh ooh ooh
          Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Caboose, Hunter doesn't have one mate, it is usually mine he refers to. Blacknight32 does have one though and he bought it after using mine at Dragon valley.

Anyway, as said above make sure it is the Version 2 one any defects were eliminated with this upgrade. It is recogniseable by being less Silver and more Grey in colour.

Range, awesome. on 134a and a small shot of kickass mix, at DV it was hitting guys at 300ft. fps was a little over 300fps with this mix. Just 134a it is around 320fps. Green gas is around 410fps.

Accuracy is superb. With above gas mixtures, and using .30 bb's, it was straight and true. Guys were coming up to me at lunchtime at DV just to look at the gun that killed them.

It can be heavy, and finding a sling is a nightmare. I am still looking. But, it is a sniper rifle so is designed to be placed in one place. It weighs about 7kg so around 15lbs.

Build quality is superb, certainly better than thei Cheytac. It has excellent useability being fully adjustabel with the fron Bipods being able to extedn and move forwards and backwards on a Rail. Rear monopod for added stability is easy to use.

2 mags come as standard, which is just as well as they are £100 each. saying that though they operate on a stripper clip system and these are about £20 each but are hard to source.

The Bolt is a joy to use, light and easy, but with enough clunk to know you have engaged it. It is reassuringly heavy and solid too, so gives you confidence it isnt going to break on you.

Recommended is a Begadi Co2 sytem, This makes the gun useable with Co2 cartridges and adjusts from 200fps up to 700fps.

I have to say it is, for me, the best out of the box sniper rifle on the market. Expensive, yes, but worth it, definitely yes. I believe there is one on here for sale at the minute for £450. If you have the money now, get it.
            Feedback link

Comment

Ah do apolagise lol

For sale,JG G3 sas solid stock() PM for details

Comment

Accepted
                Feedback link

Comment

My wallet doesn't agree... Looks like it'd abandon me if I did get one.

Jfox summed it up basically, otherwise I would be repeating what he said. Who needs two mags? Haha.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Flax Hi there! I'm Rob. Find out more about Flax
                  Working...
                  X