Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How well informed were you?

Hi guys,
    after a few events that have occurred to me today i was wondering how well informed were you about the laws when you first started?
    When i first started playing even my friend who had got me into it confused me about the laws.
    it was only until i stumbled across this place where i got a firm understanding of all the laws.
    so please can you tell me how well informed you were when you first started airsoft.
    please don't let this turn into a vcra argument .
    many thanks
    Jmusa
    Originally posted by parky
    If you're looking for a good sniper, I hear Vassily Zaitsev is good this time of year.

It's sniper RIFLE.

What do they teach these 19 year olds these days...

Re: How well informed were you?

Well when i very very first started, as in back garden plinking, I had no idea.

however, Before my first proper airsoft game, I got myself onto the site forums, and tried to absorb as much as possible, and had a pretty good idea of the laws and rules before I had officially started airsoft.

That said, it still took a while for the 3 games in NOT LESS than two months to sink in, and there are still a few details that I am sketchy about. But I know enough.
    Airsoft. The most fun you can have with your clothes on.

Comment

when i first started, i only really knew what id read on here as far as rules go. i wanted to at least have some idea before my first game.

given time though, ive picked things up and my understanding of the legal part of airsoft has got better.

Comment

I'm the kind of guy who will follow a link to wikipedia then vanish for a half-hour following the links between articles.

In short: very. I read lots.
        Altus Volo Mugio Extraho

Comment

When I started there were no laws that we really needed to be ultra aware of, just the common sense stuff- Dont take it out in public, dont shoot it in the street etc, So I was pretty well informed but I didnt know the ins and the outs. However I saw the VCRB coming a long way off, as did alot of the community, and I made sure I knew it pretty much head to toe
          G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
          RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Thinking about laws and policies, which site do you play at Jmusa? Seen that you're only 14. Would love to know the insurance policies and cover for that one!

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

yeah when i first started you could buy as much as you want no matter how often you played. i had close to ten guns and had only ever had 2 proper games at registered sites within 6 or 7 years.

i started airsoft like most in the back garden with springers. i was young at the time, 15 or so, and i didn't really read up on any rules when i bought my first aeg. at the time there weren't many to be honest - you just had to be sensible and not play around in public, which i didn't.

so, er, i didn't do anything wrong - just played with them in my front room with a large window when they arrived - so my first (and last) visit from some concerned policemen set me straight. i came on the forums and learned alot more, and was eventually so unhappy with how restrictive the vcra was, i moved out of the country lol.

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
              I'm the kind of guy who will follow a link to wikipedia then vanish for a half-hour following the links between articles.

In short: very. I read lots.
              me too mate. wikipedia is like a bottomless well for me - a half-hour on there is good for me; i can get lost for HOURS.

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Comment

Originally posted by casshern View Post
                yeah when i first started you could buy as much as you want no matter how often you played. i had close to ten guns and had only ever had 2 proper games at registered sites within 6 or 7 years.

i started airsoft like most in the back garden with springers. i was young at the time, 15 or so, and i didn't really read up on any rules when i bought my first aeg. at the time there weren't many to be honest - you just had to be sensible and not play around in public, which i didn't.

so, er, i didn't do anything wrong - just played with them in my front room with a large window when they arrived - so my first (and last) visit from some concerned policemen set me straight. i came on the forums and learned alot more, and was eventually so unhappy with how restrictive the vcra was, i moved out of the country lol.

me too mate. wikipedia is like a bottomless well for me - a half-hour on there is good for me; i can get lost for HOURS.
                I can second the young kid with what we call a springer deal, I've got a rubbish automatic G36c in my cupboard somewhere from back when you could just buy and airsoft gun in full black without any real reason. Large back garden meant I just went outside all day shooting at targets.

You think Wikipedia is bad, search for a site called the "SCP Foundation" and go on that Wiki. I'll see you next year, it's impossible to stop reading. (I can recommend several articles on there that will prevent you a) sleeping and b) going anywhere near stairs for the next few weeks.)
                Altus Volo Mugio Extraho

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
                  Thinking about laws and policies, which site do you play at Jmusa? Seen that you're only 14. Would love to know the insurance policies and cover for that one!
                  Tactical Warfare Airsoft
                  You have to wear full face until 16.
                  Minimum age is 12 there.
                  Thats all i know of really.
                  Originally posted by parky
                  If you're looking for a good sniper, I hear Vassily Zaitsev is good this time of year.

It's sniper RIFLE.

What do they teach these 19 year olds these days...

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
                    Ultimate Airsoft allows 12 year olds. (my son started at 12)

However under 16's must wear approved full face and must be accompanied buy an adult (18+) PLAYER .
                    This is why I started playing ...the rules said that I HAD to come and play

Comment

I have been airsofting for nearly a year now and I would like to think that I picked up a good grasp of the rules withon 2/3 months.
                      VK

Lightweight Assualt Boots for Sale
                      Size 7 but fitted me till I was a size ten.
                      http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...269#post610269

Comment

I learned as soon as I read a couple of thread/arguments on here lol

Comment

I started before VCRA and then stopped. I had been informed of it just before I restarted. Luckily I still had my own guns so didnt need the mean greenmachines to play. Went to my local shop, found out about it then googled it and read some more.
                          Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

does anyone know if Northern Ireland has different policy on site insurance etc as we have 12 years or even younger playing in glasses

Comment

All sites insurance policies differ from others. But i'd bet my bottom dollar that if one of those children did get injured because of the lack of facemask then the site would be in deep doodoo

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JMusa Chilled out and enjoying airsoft Find out more about JMusa
                              Working...
                              X