Choosing a recoil / blowback / gbb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Choosing a recoil / blowback / gbb

Stock internal have very good range but low fps worth a spring upgrade, as do krytac rifs

Comment

Cheers, I guess what I really want is something a bit different to the more common rifs.

Some recoil is preferred but as long as the range is almost or basically as good as I can get an airsoft gun, that would be nice.

Still thinking about a gbb but I don't want to get one and not enjoy skirmishing as much if I have issues with it.

About an hour ago I was leaning towards gas. But a tm recoil scar could maybe suit me a bit better. I'm aware it'll be a lot less recoil but I suppose I have to weigh it all up

Comment

Don't bother with an npas as they are all over the place fps wise. If you want a fixed fps, get the fg discs or if you want adjustability you can get an angrygun nozzle so I can play dmr with 400fps or indoor.

Range wise, a TM recoil will serve you well, but a maple leaf bucking in a gbbr gives great range too

Comment

I wasnt implying use an NPAS, just a name to a solution, you areall correct they are pap, much better solutions around these days.

From what youve said so far i think the deciding question for you now then is;

Do you want a realistic RIF that has a stronger recoil and pretty much full metal construction, and dont forget the weight you will be carrying inc mags and repeatidly buying gas (GBB)

Or

A lesser recoil, still high quality but less metal construction along with the weight saving, upto mid cap ammo capacity and a simple battery to charge (EBB)?

With the models you are looking at they are all relatively equal performers that wont dissapoint, the EBB is slightly less faff during the course of a days play if you have a big enough battery, whereas the GBBR will need gassing all the time, its mostly down to preference really

Comment

Well put sprint. I've managed to somehow change my mind within two hours again. I think gas will be a bit too much inconveniance for me. As fun as gbb's look, I don't think there's any point in me getting one with the added maintanence and gas refilling mid skirmish.

I reckon I'll stick to an aeg. Somebody mentioned earlier the best thing is probably to wait until a second hand one is available on here which has already been upgraded.

Tm scar would be preferred I think

Comment

Changed my mind for the 5th time and thinking about buying another recoil pts rm4.

Has anybody had a Tm recoil and , and kwa pts recoil. Just to give me a comparison of both in terms of internals and performance.

The erg scout was fantastic quality and very well priced. but again I'm bored of the m4 Platform!

Comment

Kwa has more recoil, TM is the better performer (at least as far as range/accuracy are concerned). I don't know, but I imagine the externals on the kwa to be nicer.

Comment

Another spanner in the works for you , I'd steer clear of an up-graded second hand EBB , you just can't guarantee the quality of the work it's all very well the seller going "I used xyz parts in it" Or "oh yea the tech guy at my regular site did it" but both the seller AND the techy mite be good at ordinary (or not) AEGs but total mongs when it comes to EBB's seen the consequences so many times at sites and questions on forums . Just something to think about ?
                  From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

Having tried both the TM and KWA recoils, If I were to buy another I'd get the KWA. Slightly more solid build quality on it, but spares aren't had as easily, and it's all magpul stamped etc. Might not be a problem but it's something to think about.

With regards to what gun you get, imagine a fairly average day at your usual site. What makes the day better than average, racking up more kills, or a more realistic experience with running out of ammo and jams. Not that you can't hold your own with a gas weapon, but it will struggle to keep up if you're the type to put down 20 rounds in semi when someone pops their head up over cover

Comment

Took these quickly to show recoil diff. iPhone doesn't do the sound justice. The gbbr is offensively loud, TM sounds like a sewing machine lol

https://youtu.be/pcJjjnMCLMI
                      https://youtu.be/mzHteexVdDk

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to do the videos! Difference is vast!

Comment

No worries. Had to go out, but if you want pics of internals or disassembly, let me know. As for the TM.. there's a 55 min YouTube video showing how it's done lol

Comment

In relation to the kwa erg series.
                            You can get non magpul versions. There is the older rm4a1 which is kwa trademarked and the newer version that's just being released.
                            After speaking with a guy who deals in kwa ergs. The need for spares is very minor, but they can be sourced in the Uk (if you need to know where shoot me a pm).
                            I think it's the metal body, reliability and harder recoil combined with lower price point that sold me on the kwa erg over a TM.

Comment

Originally posted by W0lf View Post
                              Took these quickly to show recoil diff. iPhone doesn't do the sound justice. The gbbr is offensively loud, TM sounds like a sewing machine lol

https://youtu.be/pcJjjnMCLMI
                              https://youtu.be/mzHteexVdDk
                              Dedication right there! Send that man a chocolate bar or something :P

Comment

I have a kwa rm4a1 that I'm going to shift, the benefit of this model over the magpul is that it's rear wired so you have more choice up front and don't have to use a Peq box.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

trigger happy Find out more about trigger happy
                                Working...
                                X