Tac'd systema ptw vs upgraded recoil shock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tac'd systema ptw vs upgraded recoil shock

Owned both, liked both, but they have different pros and cons.

PTWs feel way more solid. By far and away the most sold rifle I ever owned. Whilst the TM isn't 'bad' per say its just not as good. Its only tiny amounts of movement and feel but its enough to be noticeable.

PTWs are more expensive (to an extent) compared to a TM Recoil (however both could easily set you back £1500+ by the time you look at extras, rails etc) and when they go wrong, they are more pricey to repair (look at the cost of the motor for example). There is no recoil (unless you look at the PTW recoil model but we shall ignore that one for now) however its a satisfying sound and feel when they do fire.

Recoils have some feedback. Its not recoil, its a small weight moving around. Its a nice feature but it isn't recoil by any means. Its not going to give you a sore shoulder after a while or knock you off target. Recoils are easier to repair as they are mostly a V2 gearbox. Theres a lot more parts for them available and they are less expensive to repair if things go wrong. The mechanical bolt stop is something i think is better than the PTW electric version. It sticks out and feels good when you hit it. The PTW one was a bit 'meh' being magnetic.

In terms of firing i think the PTW has a better hop system (more stable) and a very good cylinder system. Although the quick change ability in this country with out power laws is questionable in its use (350 FPS) in other places, such as the US, the ability to go to a whole new power level very quickly is very useful. V2 gearboxes need to be disassembled entirely to do that. For the UK, where your likely to stick at 320 (ish) FPS there isn't really a need for a quick change spring system. That said, the TM hop system is still very good and with fine tuning, an R Hop, heavy amor and a well tuned setup you can probably get a BB just as far as a PTW.

I would happily go back to a PTW as I've only used my recoil a few times since I bought it, but equally I'm just as happy with it and wouldn't change it for the moment, but it helps when everybody else I play with also uses them as it means I can share magazines and such.

They are both excellent systems and I don't think you'd be unhappy with either.
    sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

What is more reliable - lastly.

Comment

In my opinion both the same. My recoil broke, and my PTW has broke. Both had had thousands of rounds through though. The ptw was just far more expensive to fix. Again boils down to finances.
        “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

Yours was tac'd ? And I think I'm gonna get a ptw since the feel is much nicer

Comment

Had two 'tac'd' ones and a newer one which isn't. Absolutely zero difference.
            “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

What do you personally like better? So if you could only have and keep one which one would you keep?

Comment

Ptw. But not because it performs better. Doesn't perform any worse at all. And I'm happy to have to pay more to repair and for mags etc simply because it feels a lot more solid, and I like to use genuine rails and stocks etc. Freely admit I'm a sucker for real items. But doesn't make the rifle any better performance wise. They are genuinely an awesome bit of kit. Anyone who says different is simply lying or had a bad experience. No they are not going to outperform anything out there. Recoils and PTWs aside there are some impressive guns to be had. But for my needs it suits.

If you are never going to bother with genuine rails, stocks etc. And can't be hooped spending well over £100 for a decent motor when it eventually goes, then look for something else dude. It suits me, doesn't suit everyone. Go to your local site. Find one, and have a go.

Comment

Yes on the performance thing you hit a wall, so basically everything performs the same p* recoil shock ptw, when mods are done etc it's all the same ( that's what u mean right?)

I'm buying for 1:1 weight and feel etc. building a mk 18 mod 0

Comment

The weight won't be right. Only the dimensions. People may disagree, but fresh out the box with no mods the ptw will out perform the recoil.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Meual Find out more about Meual
                    Working...
                    X