Question about the Tavor TAR-21.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the Tavor TAR-21.

Hey guys, I'm thinking of getting a Tavor TAR-21, black, short barrel and with the MARS sight and laser.

I was wondering though, once you've got it and all, is the MARS sight detachable?
    And is the laser attached to the MARS sight?

Thanks.

Re: Question about the Tavor TAR-21.

you can take off the mars sight but then you need to get a ris mount for it

Comment

the mars sight can come off as mines currently off (looks better)
      its a bit of a hassle gettin it off and yes the laser is part of the sight itself
      Theres 2 contacts under the sight for the laser button to work the laser
      hope that helps matey

For sale,JG G3 sas solid stock() PM for details

Comment

As previous people have already written it does come off..bit of a pig to remove, but involves a couple of screws near the MARS and a few on the rail behind the rear iron sights. Then you'll need a mini rail if you are planning on attaching optics the wolf in red is where I got mine, but am sure they are our there on others sites also

It is worth doing as the MARS underperforms, having said that I did see a post on another site with reference to taking the MARS apart scratching off some of the covering on the reflective plate which would then improve the brightness/sharpness of the red-dot. Couldnt be bothered myself so went for the Acog option
        Q - Spartans Airsoft Team

nos periclitor proprius

Originally posted by Black Templar
        There is no other store, only ZU'UUL.
        sigpic

Comment

If only the ares mars was a decent copy and the laser had a bit more juice.... Shame.
          SAVE OUR SPORT
          http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

Cool, thanks for the advice guys.

Comment

i used one of these for a year, by far the longest i owned a gun, awesome bit of kit, i kept the mars on, laser is a bit lame but it airsoft, who needs a laser. didnt bother about the red dot, anything through the mars got hit so i stuck with it, the RS has one so i decided to keep it pure.
              Foxtrot Oscar

Comment

Hmm.
                Well, mine hasn't actually arrived yet, so I'll test it out and see whether it's worth removing or not.

Comment

As jockjay said. Waited for a year for it to come out. Best gun I have. Site is great indoors. My laser is strong. My cats love to chase it lol. Outdoor the site is ok but could be stronger. Mates have the TAR21 also and it seems to be hit and miss as to how strong the red dot is. Mine is good. Although, quite often I use the back up sites outdoors anyway and these work perfect through the mars. Enjoy. You will love the smile it creates lol.
                  G&GSA80A2.TM AUGA1,AUGA2,AUGA3,AUG S,REAL SHOCK VSR.SRC 416.ARES M16A4,TAVOR.WA Sup Ser GGB,SK,KA EEB G36K EEB556SHORT,SIG556,EEB GALIL,SLR,SA58.249 PARA,SCAR,MASADA
                  1911,226,1911,USP,USP 45,CZ75,CZ75 CO2,FN57,GL40,GL23,GL27,M9 DES,M9 WD GRIP.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

W.R.R Find out more about W.R.R
                  Working...
                  X