Collapse

Airsoft retailers becoming swap hubs ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airsoft retailers becoming swap hubs ?

You know that feeling, you found that second hand rif you seem to love and they want in px a rif you have.
    Then you realise they live about 100 mile away and you don't trust your car to make it there.
    Options, options run through your mind.

What if ....... our fantastic retailers offered a swap shop hub service. ( a what I hear your little voice say).
    Yes ..... both parties take their items to your local airsoft shop. With possibly a online checklist template you print off.
    Both retailers can check with the other that both packages are correct as each party says then confirm in communications.

I know, I know it is not quite just that easy .... or is it.

Obviously retailers would need a payment.

Am I whistling dixie while riding leprechauns on rainbows

Maybe there is something in this idea ... maybe this idea has already been put to you ... maybe retailers need to know there is a market they haven't untapped yet.

Your thoughts below
    sigpic" Only the living cry for war's end, the dead are quite relaxed about it "

Re: Airsoft retailers becoming swap hubs ?

In my little microcosm of Bolton. Several of the retailers and sites around me already do an escrow service. Always sold as seen.

Realistically priced stuff gets bought/swapped quickly. Dreamers the ones that put RIFs at RRP + the cost of any upgrades tend to sit for a while. I've seen 4 dreamer RIFs they are 200% of the new retail price because of upgrades. They've been gathering dust for quite some time.

Comment

Zero One have has an escrow service for about 5 years...

Comment

As Blytm says, you've pretty much described Z1's escrow service that's been running years 😂

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Comment

Seems your missing the point. Some north of watford isn't going to post or travel to the zero one shop.
          My point being we can go to our local shop where items can be checked.
          No one would post to a shop as no one really trusts.
          sigpic" Only the living cry for war's end, the dead are quite relaxed about it "

Comment

But is it really worth it ? By the time you have both paid for the service and then the postage you probably could have met each other half way

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Chewybacka Find out more about Chewybacka
            Working...
            X