Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• posting guns....

hi all,

right, i no a thread has been created like this before but i need abit more information. im selling this vsr to a guy, if i wrap it in bubble wrap then put it in a box with the word : contains airsoft (toy) gun. would it be searched? also which is the best royal mail service and can i do that at the local post office?

thanks alot

mike
    sharpshooter,not sniper.

Re: posting guns....

i use parcelforce 48 for all of my gun sales as they supply a tracking number , i would not put on it thats there is a GUN inside ! but what you should do is a a4 size note inside saying that is a toy bb gun just incase the box is ripped open

i had an ak47 sent to me once and all it was bubble wrapped with the mag in place and tapped up the postman did not look impressed but it still got to me .. lol
    Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Do NOT put "gun" or nay kind of wording like that...

Just put "Model Toy" and that's if you HAVE to put something. Also, if you are going to use Royal Mail, I've never had to state what's actually inside the box, just it's worth.

Hope that helps,

Alex (mj23lj)
      Trader Feedback:
      New Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5557
      Old Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9461-mj23lj

Comment

Put it in a BOX, not just bubble wrap. A wrapped up square box will not get checked. Don't put on any not saying "gun" of any sort. Just make sure it's well padded inside the box, and the box is well wrapped up. I once had something sent to me that was so badly wrapped I could undo it without tearing anything.

Comment

thanks guys, i will wrap it up then put it in the box. then put ' toy bb gun' on the outside. can i just send it from my local post office?

thanks for help so far
          sharpshooter,not sniper.

Comment

No, don't put "toy bb gun" on the outside. If you must, put a note INSIDE the box so that if it does get opened (which I very much doubt it will) then they'll know. Putting it on the outside will mean it probably won't get there.

Comment

Just to repeat and enforce what TKOS and myself have said: DO NOT PUT ANYTHING regarding GUNS/RIFLES/PISTOLS etc... Just put "Toy Model", and that's IF you are forced to describe the product...
              Trader Feedback:
              New Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5557
              Old Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9461-mj23lj

Comment

Are you mad? Why are you putting GUN on your box??

There is no need to put anything on the box.

Comment

Except the address....

Comment

Well yes. :D

Comment

I bet he has went off and sent it by now ahaa and his gun gets seized:p

Comment

Airsoft weapons are legally classified (by Customs) as 'toys' so why the hell would you even mention the word 'gun'? Lol - good luck with that...

Comment

dont worry i havnt sent it yet. thanks for all the help.
                          sharpshooter,not sniper.

Comment

just thought u shud no mate that your gun will NOT be insured with parcell force,if it is lost and u tell them wot it is they will just tell u they do not hip rif's of any type and u r not covered,this happened to me a few weeks ago with a expensive parcell.just thought u should no.

Comment

someone sent me a tm thompson and put in capitals "thompson machine gun", posty was cool when he handed the box to me i just said its not what you think it is and he just laughed and went, so i was lucky that time
                              Originally posted by Montesa77
                              F**K alcohol!

See little point in it myself.
                              Originally posted by hunter101
                              In RUSSIA alcohol sees little point in you!!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

portermush SORRY IF I DONT REPLY TO PMS< I DONT GO ON THIS MUCH ANYMORE :) Find out more about portermush
                              Working...
                              X