Somebody with a 3D printer help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somebody with a 3D printer help!!

I've recently come into possession of a We 1911 mini and have already changed out the trigger and hammer.

Unfortunately, despite numerous attempts, finding the right grips that fit is a complete b***ache so I was wondering if there is anyone out there that has a 3D printer that would like to take on a bespoke job?

Am willing to pay so if anyone out there has one and would like a small challenge then pm me please

Cheers

Mark

Re: Somebody with a 3D printer help!!

Do you have a CAD file?
    dsgdreamteam

Comment

HI mark, show me your exact gun mate as there a few types of smaller 1911 pistols, and I'll try hunting some grips down for you..

If you get 3d printed ones, your not want to go for standard pla plastic print, they will not look great or feel good either, you see and feel the layers,.. Only 3d prints with abs would feel and look nice..

ATB, Marc..
      Some Guns In My Collection:
      Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Gold Match - Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - WE Mak - Colt SAA .45 - & More
      My Youtube Review/Shooting Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI...TEBvLnSJ7XCh1g

Comment

ABS or PLA both have layers you can see and feel. Print orientation has a lot to do with it. I'd print long and shallow for pistol grips. You'd need to send your pistol to someone with a printer and I'd expect 3-6 prints before you got it right even before you've made changes as the customer etc.

It's not impossible at all, but it's time consuming and you'd be best starting out with a 3D file that was almost right.

Comment

if you can fire photos and measurements over I can take a look

Comment

Surely you'd be better off looking for genuine commander grips?

Comment

Is the Commander also known as a Officers ACP?

I use a RS website based in the UK that has plenty of 1911 grips. Am I ok to name the RS website a they sell no airsoft items?
              Over 150 positive sales & trades on this and other forums!

Comment

There is only zuul

Originally posted by simon View Post
                is the commander also known as a officers acp?

I use a rs website based in the uk that has plenty of 1911 grips. Am i ok to name the rs website a they sell no airsoft items?

Originally posted by tisane
                Never heard such a racket, its like taking a hi cap to a rave.

Comment

Yes mate I know but always thought it is a bit daft that we can't give out websites that don't sell airsoft items.
                  I know RS can be used on airsoft but if ZeroOne don't sell RS what's the harm?
                  Also goes the other way, I've bought from airsoft retailers for items to go on my RS rifles.
                  Just trying to help out the colonel.
                  Over 150 positive sales & trades on this and other forums!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

The colonel Find out more about The colonel
                  Working...
                  X