Revolver shotties?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revolver shotties?

Does anybody know if anybody can 3d print or sell some Dan Wesson shotgun revolver shells? Essentially a Dan Wesson cartridge but can put out 3-5 BBs.

Also do any sites actually allow them? I was thinking about a TM breacher but thought why not just get some shells for my Dan Wesson instead for a few quid?

Thanks

Re: Revolver shotties?

Unlikely to work, dw's have no hop, that would in turn drop fps slightly, range is limited compared to your average gbb pistol, so to expect a dw to propel say 4 bb's, essentially a .80 slug, your gonna have to increase the gas/fps output of the gun substantially, & that's before you've managed to engineer the shells.
    Tbh if the R&D of dw etc haven't done it already, it's prob because its not feasible.

Lol, everybody wants to reinvent the Airsoft wheel.

Comment

Go on to the shapeways website and there are several designs of shotgun shells for dan wessons you can buy. They print them and post them to your door. Some dan wesson revolvers have very high fps to start with. Mine was about 480 fps out of the box so you should get away with a shot gun load at short ranges. Depends on your barrle length though. Enjoy

Comment

My dw, in combination with the regular, and or the higher output shells, still work out to around the normal site limits, give or take slight variances, surely if your dw is running at close to 500fps, its not site friendly ?.
        Plinking in the back yard is one thing, but experimenting with such gats for skirmishing is open to allsorts of pitfalls, never mind that most site operators would shit a brick at the insurance implications.

Comment

Your not wrong. which is why I never fielded my revolver when I had it. Was a while ago before they released the power down shells and I couldnt manage to drop the fps down to a usable level at the time. The point is if the op wants to shoot multiple bbs out of his revolver useing special shells he should be able to do so at a both practical and site friendly fps. at the end of the day putting more bbs in each shell is only going to reduce the power output of the the revolver and make it safer to use. rather the oposite to modifying a gun to shoot too hot.

Comment

Give me a pm to discuss.. I have 3d design and printing capabilities..plus I designed both the AEG hop rubber mod for dan Wessons prior to going to rhop

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Comment

If anyone can help you out with your 3D printing needs it Chaz, KenIchikawa? He's a great guy to know.

Richie

Comment

Cheers Richie,

So KenIchikawa... heres something I knocked up a little earlier.. 4 shot shells modelled and printed.. work fine in my dan wesson. though think id go for 3shots as fps bit low with 4 bbs. Will chrono later but i only got the 4inch dan wesson which has lower fps than longer barrelled

multishot_shell1.jpg
                multishot_shell2.jpg
                20170717_235408.jpg
                20170717_235435.jpg
                20170717_235632.jpg
                20170717_235727.jpg

Comment

Hi

Interesting as I'd found some elsewhere that required wadding as they were 5bb ones (but very inexpensive some places were quoting me £14 PER SHELL) I think I'd rather ask around in regards to site legality before anything concrete. Besides I can't find my DW might have loaned it out to somebody and the sod hasn't given it me back :/

Comment

No worries pal..was good design and test excercise for me..Haven't thought of price but they would be MASSIVELY cheaper than £15 a shell!. Hopefully hear from ya in future

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Comment

I asked around no site around me will allow them.

Comment

Originally posted by KenIchikawa View Post
                        I asked around no site around me will allow them.
                        I can tune them so they would be 320fps with one 0.2g bb and obviously the more bbs you put in the lower the cost will be per bb so no chance of breaking site limits. Think a lot of sites are twitch due to the power of Dan wessons especially as people can quite easily change the shells to the normal higher power ones. Think I'll still make and market anyway

Sent from my HSG1351 using Tapatalk

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KenIchikawa Find out more about KenIchikawa
                        Working...
                        X