How to dispose of old gun parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to dispose of old gun parts?

I have this upper reciever that is broken beyond repair. I Cant put it in the bin and if i take it to the dump I am going to cause some concern :P

[/QUOTE]

Any idea how to bin this without having to explain myself a million times to various people in various uniforms?

Re: How to dispose of old gun parts?

The receiver may be knackered but the outer barrel, sight etc should be salvageable, stick the lot on here for a tenner, as long as your honest about the faulty bit everyone's a winner.
    Simples

Comment

If Christmas trees and corpses have taught me anything, it's that you can cut anything into small enough pieces to be innocuous in a household bin over several weeks.

Also there's an unfortunate limit to how long it's heartwarming to keep something standing upright in your sitting room, but that's probably less applicable to your problem.

Comment

its solid steel :P

although now im thinking i could wrap it up and chuck it in the landfill container, hope the dump ppl dont ask me what it is

Comment

If you genuinely can't sell it for parts, wrap it in a black bag or two & "bury" it in your household waste bin, bin men don't generally check these days, their all on short term contracts & are against the clock, so their only concern is to get the rubbish in the back of the lorry double quick, if it gets spotted at the refuse dump most won't know what it is & anybody with even the slightest thought that it was part of a real steel firearm is more likely to bin it double quick to avoid paperwork & other associated hassle & loss of productivity.
          For you there's no issue, it's a small part of what is essentially a toy, it has no lethal properties (other than a club ?),nor can it be altered to be part of a firearm, so no harm done.

Comment

Get rid of some pentup aggression , get a hammer and go to work on it till it's mangled too buggery and is unrecognisable as is then you can chuck it in the scrap bin at your local tip , I've done it in the past with no trouble .
            From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

Take it to your local airsoft site and give it away. Allways works for me.

Comment

It's a shame to destroy it when you can give it away to an Airsofter
                VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

I'm with svman730......

It's what the community needs 👍🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

its not surplus, its literally broken beyond use - the metal around where it would normally hold on to the lower receiver has sheered off - I think my friend took a hard dive holding it in both hands and obviously his hands went out in front of him by instinct so his full wait levered it in twain. - I'v tried to salvage as much of it as possible, got the gearbox, trigger mech hand grip, carry rail, stock etc all looking for homes

I'm aware theres no legal problem with throwing it away, I just don't want the hassle of having to spend ages explaining myself, probably to a police officer.

I'm going to bin an old duvet sometime soon so ill wrap it in that, shuv it all in a few bin bags and toss it in landfill - thinks thats the best option

Comment

Originally posted by messy View Post
                      its not surplus, its literally broken beyond use - the metal around where it would normally hold on to the lower receiver has sheered off
                      Really not a problem, there's still a sight, barrel and delta ring that's salvageable.
                      Originally posted by Lt. Macka
                      big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

i cant remove the flashhider or unscrew the barrel from the muzzle end because its locked tight - if i didnt know better i would have said there is no screw thread and its all just one piece.

I cant unscrew it from the body end because the thin silver bar prevents the cog thing rotating.
                        I tried removing the pins holding the sight in place but despite oil and considerable force they didn't budge a mm

Comment

Bend it so it fits in the wheelie bin put it in a bag and your sorted, once it gets tipped into the compactor it wont last long and once it's in the lorry they won't know where it come from and even if they did question it it would be handed to police who would realise it's not real and throw it away. I threw some old cheap ones away months ago with no issues at all, all I did was remove the stock's, bent the barres and stood on the plastic bodies until they were Un usable

Comment

4lb Club hammer.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

messy Find out more about messy
                            Working...
                            X