Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on tanaka k98 please

20170903_120722.jpg

I'm looking for advice on a price for the weapon listed below is info I got when buying it along with some other deactivated weapons
    Tanaka Kar K.98 with the BGS hop unit installed, with some spares. Comes with 7 mags, spare Tanaka receiver and trigger guard for K.98, apparently these are getting difficult to get hold of shoots very well
    Also comes with aluminium style flight carry case I was going to keep it but all I'm doing is destroying my polystyrene display heads20170903_120735.jpg20170903_120725.jpg20170903_120756.jpg

Re: Advice on tanaka k98 please

Originally posted by Warren007 View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]185798[/ATTACH]

I'm looking for advice on a price for the weapon listed below is info I got when buying it along with some other deactivated weapons
    Tanaka Kar K.98 with the BGS hop unit installed, with some spares. Comes with 7 mags, spare Tanaka receiver and trigger guard for K.98, apparently these are getting difficult to get hold of shoots very well
    Also comes with aluminium style flight carry case I was going to keep it but all I'm doing is destroying my polystyrene display heads[ATTACH=CONFIG]185799[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]185800[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]185801[/ATTACH]
    At least £500, perhaps a lot more. I used to source BGS hops for a lot of people on the WW2 scene and the K98 is much more consistent with one fitted. If the gun comes with spare BGS rubbers, that's very handy, as they can tear, leaving you up the creek if you don't have a spare. They're fantastic guns, superb quality and, will bring a real smile to your face.

Comment

Re: Advice on tanaka k98 please

The wood is great quality but that's about it. The internals are fragile, don't perform very well and good luck ever finding spares, they don't make them any more and old stock has long gone. To make one of these properly useable you need to spend a lot of money or be very handy with a lathe and mill. And that's just the rifle, say ditto for the mags. And the final nail in the "superb quality" is the fake cleaning-rod that's begging to be snapped off. This one still has it so I'm guessing it wasn't much used.

I've never understood the mythical status this rifle has, other than for the wood which was superb in its day. But the K98 has been done better since (PPS, actually reliable and variable power to boot).

I'd buy one if it was realistically priced, taking into account how much time/effort/money required to fix it up.

My tuppence worth.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Warren007 Find out more about Warren007
      Working...
      X