FPS puzzle 🤔🤔

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FPS puzzle 🤔🤔

Hi all. I've been tinkering with my CM16 raider and I've changed the spring to a Guarder SP100. The FPS I'm now getting is around the 235 mark with .25's. Does this sound about right? I have a prowin hop and a 6.03 barrel as well, don't know if that makes a difference.

Kind Regards
    Dean

Re: FPS puzzle 🤔🤔

What did you have prior to upgrading? Do you have good compression in your cylinder?

Comment

I had the same FPS. The spring made no difference. I'm going to check the compression tonight. What's the best way to do that? Apart from that all I can think of is to upgrade the air nozzle to improve the seal or get a sp110 spring. I'm also going to check to see what FPS I'm getting with .2s to see what the score is there. I would hope to get at least around the 300 mark with .2s

Comment

Take the cylinder out with the nozzle attached and the piston. Pull the piston back yep nit out. Place your thum over the end on the nozzle and push the piston back in. It should be tight and harped to press in showing a good seal.
        If it goes in easily, pull the piston all the way out and put some lube on the tablerubber and inside the cylinder. Pull and push again with your thumb over to see if it's now tighter.

When putting the gearbox back together, make sure the loading nozzle is attached to the load arm.

If in doubt, YouTube it mate.
        Over 150 positive sales & trades on this and other forums!

Comment

Had good compression. When I reassembled everything I checked my hop bucking and noticed a split, changed it and now I'm getting 345 with .2s and 309-311 with .25's.

Thanks for your advice.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Deanh707 Find out more about Deanh707
          Working...
          X