SWAT grenades stock and ordering fubar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWAT grenades stock and ordering fubar

I'm not sure of the etiquette on cross-posting, but I suspect "Grenade reviews" is fairly low traffic and I wanted to make you fine chaps and lady-chaps aware that SWAT grenades are currently being made to order rather than sold from stock, on a timescale that suits them. Further, when you discover this and try to cancel your order, you get told that you need to speak to Paul (I really don't), and then they mug you with a secret, undisclosed "handing charge" for handling an unfulfilled order for a non-existent item. Nice.

Yes, I'm botty-hurt about it, but it turns out that I'm not the only customer that they've mucked around like this recently, so I think it's fair play to flag it up.

The sordid tale is at: http://forum.zeroin.co.uk/showthread...-made-to-order

The tl;dr version is: save yourself the hassle and get a TRMR delivered next-day from stock. I have.

Re: SWAT grenades stock and ordering fubar

I have two of the SWAT bfg and they do work flawlessly but the debacle of actually ordering them and the BS they spout over the phone is not worth it in my opinion. Until last weekend I also had a TRMR (which was unfortunately stolen in game on Saturday but that's another story). I found the TRMR a breeze to use and reload, it might be more expensive but in my opinion its a better piece of kit all round.

Comment

Re: SWAT grenades stock and ordering fubar

I'm really sorry to hear about your TRMR, that's shocking. It's not like you won't recognise it if they try to use it.

It's sad about SWAT, since they had great reviews both for the BFGs and the sales and support experience a few years back. I guess the market got saturated and it's more of a side business now. Which I actually wouldn't have had a problem with had it been clearly advertised as such. It's the bait-and-switch that aggravates me, and now them getting salty over a refund, as though I should have known that I was paying to have one made rather than sent.

Oh, with the free UPS delivery, the TRMR is now the same price as a SWAT VTG including delivery. It has the added bonus of actually existing.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Rogerborg Find out more about Rogerborg
      Working...
      X