3 round burst?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 3 round burst?

Looking at this diagram, it would be possible without taking the mechbox apart..

If you look at the black wire, it goes from the battery to the motor, straight through. The red wire goes from the battery, to the trigger unit, to the motor.

Here, you have all of the wires that you need for the cheetah mosfet, and could just soulder extra wire length on to reach the mosfet..

edit..

With a bit of a chop and a change, surely this would work (with the cheetah mosfet at least)
    • Black - Mosfet port 'Motor -ve'
    • Red, motor side - Mosfet port 'Motor +ve'
    • Red, battery to trigger side - Mosfet port 'trigger +ve'
    • Red, motor to trigger side - Mosfet port 'trigger -ve'
    Last edited by Hopewell; 2 July, 2010, 15:36.

Comment

Get the ARES one for £55?

Comment

Originally posted by LeeBristolAirsoft View Post
        Get the ARES one for £55?
        ARES what may i ask?? lol
        Prepare for the worst, but expect the best.

Originally posted by Bezza806
        I always thought anime had to involve girls, tentacles and some sort of bondage.....?

Comment

@ hopwell, yep, that would work, cor its been ages since I looked at a g36 gb! forgot its external!

Comment

I am not sure if it is external, I don't want to take it apart, as I have crammed the wiring in enough as it is, I don't want to have to take coax it back together again :p

After thinking, I have drawn up this diagram, and providing there is space, surely you should never have to take a gearbox apart to wire in a mosfet (if you don't want to that is)..?

Below diagrams are taking the Cheetah Mosfet into consideration, with the 4 required inputs from the gearbox..

Comment

Odd. My FET is 5 wire, I thought they all were, to keep all the high power switching away from the aeg trigger.

Edit: actually, is the cheetah 6 wire? Your diagram shows the battery going into the FET as well as 4 other wires...?!

SRC G36C v2 / ICS L85 A2 / ICS M4 RIS Proline all with AirFET mosfets. RA-Tech WE GBB Open Bolt SCAR
              TM chrome Deagle / KWA P226 / WE G18C Gen4

Comment

My diagram is based on the 6 wire cheetah fet, from what I can gather, there are 2 circuits, 1 of which is the trigger switch, and the other, is the battery - motor circuit.

In a 5 wire fet, I think that the motor is still connected to the trigger switch, but, the current doesn't flow through the trigger, it merely initiates the circuit!

Comment

Yep you got it. On a 5 wire, the battery +ve goes direct to the motor as well as the FET. It's the -ve which is switched via the trigger which does indeed run on a +ve feed but doesn't supply any current feed direct to the motor, it just switches a very low current to the FET which triggers the high current -ve.

SRC G36C v2 / ICS L85 A2 / ICS M4 RIS Proline all with AirFET mosfets. RA-Tech WE GBB Open Bolt SCAR
                  TM chrome Deagle / KWA P226 / WE G18C Gen4

Comment

Its amazing what a bit of research does for you

I think that I may get an ARES mosfet and try to externally wire it to my G36, if it goes tits up, I will open it up and give it a service too!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

chris wheeler Find out more about chris wheeler
                    Working...
                    X