This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Slightly Dissapointing Experience

cqb isn't for everyone. i play it most of the time, and i love it. the space is tight, but with plenty of movement, tactics and sneaky sneaky quietness, it can be really intense and great fun. however, you need to consider that yeah, you could be shot any second.

in woodland you can hang around a bit and camouflage yourself. camo doesn't work so well in cqb lol. for me, woodland can be a bit boring because engagement is usually further away. i like to get up nice and close, or to burst through a door with two pistols - and in woodland it doesn't happen as often.

anyway, you'll always find crap sites where people don't take their hits. then again you might find a brilliant site, with nice fair players. try a few places and try a few different play styles. be sneaky, be team tactical, be mental - see what fits best.

in regards to aiming, i do use my rds. outdoor i mostly look at where the bb flies and compensate for windage etc, but most of the time i play indoors where it's not an issue. i use my rds on my mp7 and scar, and they are fricking accurate.

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Comment

Back on subject, how Old are you iKiX? I use ess ice glasses, alos have ess v12s which havent ever steamed up when using the supplied cloth.
      Ive never played CQB, i want to try it, but i think il always prefer woodland.

Originally posted by Metalbody
      pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

People having issues with fogging up goggles, try what I did.

I bought a set of bolle goggles from eBay, about £8 I think, they have holes and foam padding on the top and bottom, around the lenses, that's supposed to let heat out. The top is far too padded, so I ripped the foam off the top, and have absolutely no issues with fogging at all.

If possibly, just try and make space for heat to escape at the top of your goggles/mask.

That said I just purchased a Finnish gas mask to try playing with. Kinda excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Are you insane lol, make sure the gas mask lenses can take several bb shots point blank with a high powered gun though.

Also your going to play with it on for about an hour before you start feeling ill

so be careful.

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
            I sometimes wonder if I'm the only one who just lifts up, shoots, and gets the target?

When the range is under 40m, really should be reflex point and shoot range.

Jag, I learnt a really useful trick while watching the tv show 'the unit'

When using a pistol, always look at the target, and dimly point your pistol at it. I always do this and rarely miss a pistol shot!

Comment

Originally posted by LtPurcy View Post
              Are you insane lol, make sure the gas mask lenses can take several bb shots point blank with a high powered gun though.

Also your going to play with it on for about an hour before you start feeling ill

so be careful.

Indeed insane is the name of my game!

But yes gonna be testing all 3 guns at point blank range first, if I dontfeel sure about them I'm trying to find out if the lenses come off so heroshark can do some work for me on them before I use them.

Also planning to gut out the filer and air valves etc so that it's just an empty shell. My balaclava usually comes over my mouth, and I tend to play a slow and steady game usually, but might have a jog in the garden with it on and see how it feels rather than suffocating mid game!

Comment

Originally posted by private parts View Post
                Back on subject, how Old are you iKiX? I use ess ice glasses, alos have ess v12s which havent ever steamed up when using the supplied cloth.
                Ive never played CQB, i want to try it, but i think il always prefer woodland.
                Just turned 20.

I'd rather just be able to wear goggles but I don't really fancy risking my teeth for life and having nice bruises on my face :p my thumb is already ruined from my first experience :D. Has anyone had much experience with this type of mask - http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=2441 - does is get in the way of looking down the sights or feel like its a bit restrictive in breathing and stuff?

What are peoples experiences with ways of protecting your teeth, I'd rather not wear a gum shield (didn't like them enough when I used to play rugby), the lack of wearing things all over your face I feel will make things more enjoyable but I don't want safety too far down the list.

Comment

Originally posted by iKiX View Post
                  Just turned 20.

I'd rather just be able to wear goggles but I don't really fancy risking my teeth for life and having nice bruises on my face :p my thumb is already ruined from my first experience :D. Has anyone had much experience with this type of mask - http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=2441 - does is get in the way of looking down the sights or feel like its a bit restrictive in breathing and stuff?

What are peoples experiences with ways of protecting your teeth, I'd rather not wear a gum shield (didn't like them enough when I used to play rugby), the lack of wearing things all over your face I feel will make things more enjoyable but I don't want safety too far down the list.
                  I used one of those on my first day. Its quite minimalist so it wont get in the way too much. it wont protect your ears, or the back of your head or neck, so be prepared for that.

I wear a balaclava (check my profile picture) that actually provides minimal protection. It still hurts when i get shot in the face, took one on the lip the other day which hurt like hell, but it stops them actually going in your mouth and fecking up stuff in there!

one of those shemaghs will do the job quite well, and heroshark has some reasonably priced mesh goggles to go with that set up, well worth a look.

Youll usually find it a real problem when actually looking down sights very narrowly. raising a weapon to under your eye level and firing like i usualy do isnt a problem, but a face mask like that with my new AUG DMR set up would be a bit tricky to get comfortable.

Breathing wont be a problem at all as the bottom and sides are fairly open. Its just havign things against your face that will prove tricky.

Comment

Hello in you fancy a nice big woodland site try Recon Airsoft in Plympton on the edge of Plymouth 3rd Sunday of every month

Comment

half mesh face mask £11.00
                      mesh goggles £20.00

the look on their face when you get a good hit PRICELESS

Comment

Originally posted by Tom82 View Post
                        Hello in you fancy a nice big woodland site try Recon Airsoft in Plympton on the edge of Plymouth 3rd Sunday of every month
                        Holy necropost Batman!!!!!
                        So Ill add.
                        The village SWWGs just outside of Plymouth, Iv tried recon, and I found it was a little bit too paintbally for my liking, to much carry this to there then defend for 5 minutes with no real scenario to it or back story, which in my opinion adds to the game if you know why its being done and there is a story as to how this situation arose in the first place
                        section 24 of the 1968 Act
                        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Yeah sorry I haven't been on here for about a year

Recon now have new zones and full scenarios and briefs for everygame

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

iKiX Find out more about iKiX
                          Working...
                          X