• Show
Clear All

• mp001?

can anyone tell me about the mp001?

Re: mp001?

Google can.

Comment

haha but i was wondering if you guys can tell me, you always make it seem clearer:L

Comment

Well what do you want to know? You should at least get a basic idea of the gun using reveiws and google, and then ask us specifc questions.

Comment

okay then, whats its specs because the fps on various sites is 400 fps to about 450, whats its real fps?. And also does anything break easily on the gun

Comment

Sears will probably need replacing. Theres a section on this somewhere....

do a search! :D

Comment

My mp001 is broken, fire selector snapped off and it wont fire, havent had time to see why

The amount of fail on this forum is increasing. Stop it. Use the damn search function.

Comment

Mine was firing at just below 400 till I clipped the spring.

Now it's c**p!
                sigpic

Comment

My mate has an AGM Mp001 and he's looking to upgrade it.

So far I have gathered the trigger mech is compatible with VSR parts and the cylinder is compatible with APS2 parts.

I read something about the hop being compatible with L96 parts but I don't know whether there is any truth to that. Could someone please confirm that or does anyone know if there is a hop unit that would fit?

Cheers

Comment

Not worth the money, buy a JG BAR-10 if you want a budget sniper rifle
                    Trader Feedback:
                    New Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5557
                    Old Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9461-mj23lj

Comment

He would in an instant but it's the problem of money he's under 18 and non registered so a new gun is out of the question really.

Comment

Originally posted by Chowder Head View Post
                        So far I have gathered the trigger mech is compatible with VSR parts and the cylinder is compatible with APS2 parts.
                        That's pretty much what i've found too. That and that the original sears are made of blue-tack...

as far as the hop goes, i binned it, and the inner barrel, and replaced them with a VSR hop unit and a tightbore.

As far as quality goes, it's average at best. i bought an MP001 to put in a ww2 Lee Enfield conversion, but i've now replaced *everything* except the receiver.

Not really worth the money, IMO, the Bar-10 is much better, although the sears in them are almost as bad!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselmonkey View Post
                          That's pretty much what i've found too. That and that the original sears are made of blue-tack...

as far as the hop goes, i binned it, and the inner barrel, and replaced them with a VSR hop unit and a tightbore.

As far as quality goes, it's average at best. i bought an MP001 to put in a ww2 Lee Enfield conversion, but i've now replaced *everything* except the receiver.

Not really worth the money, IMO, the Bar-10 is much better, although the sears in them are almost as bad!
                          My mate bought his years ago, long before the Bar 10 was out unfortunately.

Would a VSR hop fit right in without modification?

Comment

Originally posted by Chowder Head View Post
                            My mate bought his years ago, long before the Bar 10 was out unfortunately.

Would a VSR hop fit right in without modification?
                            Same here, and no, don't think it'd drop straight in, I made it fit as i've fitted the workings of the MP001 into a ww2 wooden stock, so i can chop away what i need to get the hop unit in.

Comment

Thinker 341. I have an MP001 and it's good as a starter gun but because i bought it a while ago and had no use for it cause all my other snipers are better, I decided to upgrade it. Don't listen to chower head about upgrades, I bought an Aps2 spring and a Aps2 spring guide, just to make sure they fit and they don't the spring is to thick to fit into the piston, So no don't get that.

My advice is, and this is what I did is to get an EDGI kit. They're GREAT. I got mine and it's the only sniper I use now, You get a New cylinder, cylinder head, spring guide, Metal piston, Metal spring (550 fps), trigger sear and piston sear. You put that all in and your gona get a gun around 550 fps. But seeming as you want around 450 just use the spring that you het origanally and you'll get a cheap gun to around 450 fps. Oh almost forgot You can also get an EDGI barrel which is 6.01mm. It's Extremely accurate.

Just some advice for you LOL
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Thinker341 Retro guns, Retro combats, RETRO! :D Find out more about Thinker341
                              Working...
                              X