This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knives + airsoft

Hi, just wondering, If i had a Combat Knife, would i be allowed to use it as part of a american mercenary load-out and take it to GZ woodland ?

smiffy.

Re: Knives + airsoft

never played at GZ mate but that would be a big fat no for all airsoft sites

Comment

Ditto, look into getting a rubber knife/resin mold one
      knifes are too dangerous, even if it was kept in a sheath and never taken out.
      theres a reason why there are no mags in the safezone. the same applies here
      feenix
      P.S. welcome to the forum :D
      sigpic
      G&P M16A1, CA XM177, CYMA AKM AIMS, KJW CO2 1911, WELL MP5K GBB, M4 with M203

Comment

Originally posted by Feenix View Post
        Ditto, look into getting a rubber knife/resin mold one
        knifes are too dangerous, even if it was kept in a sheath and never taken out.
        theres a reason why there are no mags in the safezone. the same applies here
        feenix
        P.S. welcome to the forum :D

Ah i see, well thats fair enough.
        thanks very much, i think my question is answer'd now

Smiffy.

Comment

personally i dont see the problem aslong as their sheathed and only taken out when needed to use for utility purposes , recently i got into a discussion about knives even when i had only a folding and swiss army knife on my kit he said that they were being made illegal to carry , so i said if he wished i would take them of my kit athough the swiss army is very useful in field. and inbetween games i get a queue of people asking to borrow it for various reasions as well as the folding so if it was kept safe i would have no problem

Comment

You could always get one of those moulded jobbies that looks like a seperate knife in a sheath but is in fact a one-piece item, no blade but merely a handle "stuck" to a sheath. If you aren't going to use it then it doesn't matter if it's just a handle stuck to a sheath. And if you insist on a real knife then please have the decency to keep it at home.

Comment

A guy at the site I play at tried to walk out with a proper machete on his back. Someone pointed it out and our site leader dragged him back into the safe zone and had him put it down to the sound of "It's a British woodland, not the jungles of 'nam" and "The bluebells aren't THAT dangerous this time of year".

Not 100% relevant, but it made me laugh when it happened.
              sigpic

Comment

A folded blade (lock knife, swiss army etc) at the bottom of a pocket/pouch is fine IMO - like you say in between games it can be really handy for multiple reasons, but if it's going on the outside of the kit then it should be fake. TBF I wanted to go to one themed event as a modern day ninja (damn you fallout) so wanted to have a katana/wakazashi across my back :p
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by murta369 View Post
                  personally i dont see the problem aslong as their sheathed and only taken out when needed to use for utility purposes , recently i got into a discussion about knives even when i had only a folding and swiss army knife on my kit he said that they were being made illegal to carry , so i said if he wished i would take them of my kit athough the swiss army is very useful in field. and inbetween games i get a queue of people asking to borrow it for various reasions as well as the folding so if it was kept safe i would have no problem
                  Hi, as i said it would be a combat knife not a flick/lock knife so not as compact, i think overall it is about 16" long, from handle to blade tip, bit of a rambo knife i know but hey it looks good. Are you a regular player at GZ woodland? I may just bring it along to the weekender and then if i am told i will leave it in my tent !

Smiffy.

Comment

in the eyes of the law it is legal to carry a non-locking blade with a cutting edge under 3 inches
                    you are not alowed to cary
                    locking blades (without good reason)
                    switchblades/flick knifes
                    gravity knifes
                    fixed blades (without good reason)
                    concealed blades
                    ballistic knives
                    balisongs
                    sword canes
                    stealth knifes
                    push/punch daggers
                    trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
                    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

What possible use could you have for a "rambo knife" at a skirmish?

You wouldnt be allowed to take it out of the sheath, so nobody would be able to see your 1337 n1nj4 knif3 kill skillZ anyway. You dont have the commando pro perk either.

Its an airsoft skirmish, youre running round the woods playing toy soldiers. Its not Ray Mears extreme survival weekend. Youre not gonna be hacking through undergrowth or trapping and skinning bunnies.

If you really want a knife for your loadout, get a rubber training knife from a company called Cold Steel (seeing as Z1 dont offer rubber knives I see no harm in naming this company, please correct me if Im wrong). They make all kinda of 1:1 scale rubber training weapons from katanas and medieval knight swords down to tanto knives and rambo knives.

Its an offensive weapon, it has no place at a skirmish. Not for "looks" or anything else. A multitool or swiss army knife, fair enough, they actually have a use.

Im not even sure it would be legal to carry it anyway, if you got stopped by a copper on the way to a skirmish, Im pretty sure he wouldnt accept "Oh its for part of my costume" being a valid reason for carrying a knife like that.
                      Last edited by Tiercel; 18 July, 2010, 02:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
                        What possible use could you have for a "rambo knife" at a skirmish?

You wouldnt be allowed to take it out of the sheath, so nobody would be able to see your 1337 n1nj4 knif3 kill skillZ anyway. You dont have the commando pro perk either.

Its an airsoft skirmish, youre running round the woods playing toy soldiers. Its not Ray Mears extreme survival weekend. Youre not gonna be hacking through undergrowth or trapping and skinning bunnies.

If you really want a knife for your loadout, get a rubber training knife from a company called Cold Steel (seeing as Z1 dont offer rubber knives I see no harm in naming this company, please correct me if Im wrong). They make all kinda of 1:1 scale rubber training weapons from katanas and medieval knight swords down to tanto knives and rambo knives.

Its an offensive weapon, it has no place at a skirmish. Not for "looks" or anything else. A multitool or swiss army knife, fair enough, they actually have a use.

Im not even sure it would be legal to carry it anyway, if you got stopped by a copper on the way to a skirmish, Im pretty sure he wouldnt accept "Oh its for part of my costume" being a valid reason for carrying a knife like that.
                        It wasn't me mate, but your point is very much valid. It was a bit silly of him to pull that stunt.
                        sigpic

Comment

Basically what these guys are saying.

If an accident does happen things will get very serious, very quickly.

Besides, if you get a dummy you can bang into trees/walls all you like without worrying about busting it up.
                          sigpic

G&G M16/M4 variant upper body wanted: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...890#post917890

Comment

one of the marshalls at my local place carries a damn machete every now and then!
                            The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

Legaly and in playing terms its all about saying why you need to carry a blade, because they are real weapons unlike our toys.

For example if your in thick bush then a machete can be explained and the same with multi tools ect. But Combat Knife or copys are made for one perpose.
                              Jamie Fox (Gloryboy21): Team Sneaky Badger Gimp and professional russian in trainning

Originally posted by palmer234
                              I don't need a laser to blind someone, I have a penis..

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

smiffy Find out more about smiffy
                              Working...
                              X