Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much would this cost?

Sorry for the title, couldnt fit anything worthwhile to the thread in it :D

Anyhow, roughly how much would it cost to have my SR 25 proffesionally upgraded to 425fps, locked to semi, and the unreliable parts replaced?

i took it to my local dealer, but he said he didnt have a clue what parts would have to go so i couldnt get a price

Long shot, but if anyone knows its you guys
    -Matt
    hasta la vista, baby

Re: How much would this cost?

You could try ringing Zero One and getting a quote.

"Superior Firepower: If it's not working, you're not using enough!"

Comment

Just ring z1 tomorrow (use tech line) they will sort you out.

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

kk, cheers will give that a shot
        hasta la vista, baby

Comment

Assuming the SR25 is basically an M4/M16 with a big barrel, it should just use standard V2 gearbox parts, which are piss easy to source and easy to fit.

I belive Z1 sell a full V2 upgrade set (all the gearbox internals youll need) for about £30, then its just a case of fitting it, which is easy if you know what youre doing it, or failing that most sites will have someone who knows what theyre doing, and if you chuck them £20 will happily fiddle with your gearbox.

As for locking it to semi auto, Im not sure how you go about doing that. I locked my M14 to semi auto by doing pretty much what the US army did to lock thiers to semi, couple of drops of loctite on the fire selector! :p (ok so the army welded thiers, same difference!)

So if you can do it yourself, itll cost you about £30, if you can get a mate or someone you know at your site do do it, probably about £50... if you give it to someone like Z1 or another retailer that will upgrade your gun, youre looking to pay a lot more as youll have to pay postage, plus theyre outrageous labour charges... seriously Ive seen mechanics with lower labout charges than some "airsoft gunsmiths" :p

Comment

To make it rock solid, maybe £140 including labour. But thats assuming you get a systema motor, cylinder and head set, and an upgraded gearbox (id go G&P 8mm). Then a Marui hop unit. Thatd run you about that.
            AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

If you lock it to semi, the gearbox can lock up and is a pain in the ass to undo without FA. What brand is it? A couple of versions have extended pistons, they are the most likely thing to break.

And don't shoot anyone else in the mouth!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

InFlamesFan Metalhead through and through Find out more about InFlamesFan
              Working...
              X