AEG Sniper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AEG Sniper

After reading alot about people saying sniping isn't always the most fun and can be a bit limiting unless you have the patience and skill I'm thinking of an AEG sniper so that I can try my hand at sniping of sorts but still have the ability to run around like a nutcase as if I had an assault rifle and the ability to go indoors if needed. So maybe something like an M16 with a folding stock, not this exactly but hopefully will give you an idea of what im on about. Something to allow me to snipe but also get stuck in when needed/wanted. What would you guys suggest on a setup for this and has anyone got much experience of trying this sort of thing? I'm pretty new to airsoft as well, only been twice.

Cheers, iKiX

Re: AEG Sniper

You mean a DMR, Dedicated Marksman Rifle i presume. If you do then look no further than the Marui M14's. Excellent guns as standard. Or if you want something a little more cheap and cheerful check out the A&K SR25 series.

Generally with a DMR you won't take it inside. You could get an M4 for instance with a Crane stock. That way you have the best of both worlds

Comment

well get your self a nice tm m14. range on that thing is orgasmic :L its fully auto for those tight situations and semi for further distances. its a very nice gun stock and wont let you down. that gun sounds best for what your saying! highly recomend!!

hope this helps a tad.
      "Matey" - The most over used word on any airsoft forum....

Comment

There isn't really such a thing.

If you want the extra range & accuracy, as in noticeable, you need to be locking it to semi, using heavy BB's and put in a more powerful spring. In which case, you going to be subject to minimum engagement distances etc.

Short of that, you'll just have a normal AEG!

Anyway, being a Sniper in general is not about having the biggest baddest weapon, but about field craft. Getting into good cover, and picking off targets without being located. This is not a case of just buying a Ghille suit and sitting still!

Comment

somebody already beat me to it
          "Matey" - The most over used word on any airsoft forum....

Comment

dmr rifles have to have range to be effective and behind that is high-ish fps thete are all sorts of semi-auto aeg's out there but they will not be allowed for CQ as you will be killing the buggers. but i would suggest getting a decent semi-auto rifle like the m14 or the ares sl9 and get a side arm such as the mp5k for the inside stuff but this is just my opinion
            Originally posted by DCRISP07
            An argument over screws, only on Zeroin :P

Comment

Get a TM M14, run it as close as you can to 350fps so you dont have to worry about minimum engagement crap, go nuts :P youll probably be outranging or at least equalling most 500fps rifles with it :p

Comment

I was considering the M14 but I'm a little unsure of the looks, could maybe mod it here and there. What are peoples views on the KART M14 EBR?

Comment

CRAP. Utter crap. Shoots badly, made of pot metal that's super heavy. Can't upgrade it much as it's a pile of poo.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter101 View Post
                    CRAP. Utter crap. Shoots badly, made of pot metal that's super heavy. Can't upgrade it much as it's a pile of poo.
                    +1 on that

but more importantly +1 for the TM M14! either the socom boys rifle or full length real mans rifle lol
                    ADs

Comment

OK obviously steer clear of that then :P Is there much around to convert a TM M14 to an EBR?

Comment

Originally posted by iKiX View Post
                        OK obviously steer clear of that then :P Is there much around to convert a TM M14 to an EBR?
                        G+P EBR kit, hefty price tag though
                        hasta la vista, baby

Comment

Yeah there is a G&P EBR kit. G&G also do an EBR. Both options a million times better than the kart

Comment

I've tried searching but no luck, does anybody know when G&G will release the short version of their EBR?

Comment

EBR Socom? does it even exist?

Anyways, what about that? looks nice, never owned/seen one though

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...80f6c33722706b
                              hasta la vista, baby

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

iKiX Find out more about iKiX
                              Working...
                              X