xenon vs LED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xenon vs LED

what do you prefer for a tac light bulb Xenon or LED, im asking because im contemplating on buying a new device there are two variations both are similar in appearence except one is Xenon the other is LED which is incidentally 10% more expensive
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Re: xenon vs LED

I always go for ones with Xenon bulbs. They are easy to get hold of to replace, and are generally very bright

Comment

LED's are better go google theres a good argument on it somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by LtPurcy View Post
        LED's are better go google theres a good argument on it somewhere
        yeah ive done that already,just wanted to know what the thoughts of the people here was....ive never really worried about it before,but its made me a bit curious
        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

LED's cant be used with IR filters remember...

if you use any kind of night vis, LED based tac lights are fairly useless...

a lot of LED tac lights also have unfocused "short throw" light... if its got a decent lens on it theyre brilliant but for the money xenon is more effective
          Systema PTW M4A1 - TM M14 - KSC Glock 17 - WE 1911 MEU - TM Hi Capa race gat

Comment

if your going to splash out go for LEDS but if you have ideas of NV then stick to xenon.

Comment

I'd get LED

As most of them come with a strobe setting. Also strobe settings aren't all that good on your average bulb. LED's can take the constant on off far better.

Plus if you cant shoot out an LED torch if you get one that has lots of LED's rather than a few LEDs clumped to look like a lightbulb.

Then again, it it breaks, you cant just stick in a new bulb.. So its all 6 and half a dozen.
              SAVE OUR SPORT
              http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

Xenon bulbs mate

As the led bulbs are prone to getting hot if left on during long games

Comment

if youre serious about getting a LED torch it really needs to be a CREE LED... lights with clustered 5mm leds have about 20m throw if that..
                  Systema PTW M4A1 - TM M14 - KSC Glock 17 - WE 1911 MEU - TM Hi Capa race gat

Comment

I prefer xenon, I've got a nice 12v xenon light on my M4, the fucker devours batteries though, and those CR123's don't come too cheap. A full set to power my light costs a tenner or so, but it's got a great 'flashbang' blinding effect

Comment

never used as torches but i have allways prefered xenon lights on mobilecameras,

so if i was going for a torch i would rather spend money on xenon

Comment

Surely xenons are better if you want distance? That's why they use them in headlights on cars, right?
                        Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

Led, ok they have short range but like ive said in another thread why in airsoft do you want to iluminate 100m ahead showing every one that shouldnt see you where you are.
                          And they dont swallow batteries either.

Comment

Originally posted by waltzinblack View Post
                            Surely xenons are better if you want distance? That's why they use them in headlights on cars, right?
                            No, it's because LED headlights aren't really possible at the moment for mainstream vehicles due to cost and packaging V light output. No other reason. They will be here soon enough though...

My job involves the use of torches as a backbone and I've been through most versions out there. To be honest I'm amazed that anyone would even consider a non LED torch for personal use (NV exceptions obviously).

One of the best I have come accross for it's size (and one which I'm never without at work) is the LED LENSER P7. It's simply head and shoulders above just about everything else out there when you include light output, price, size and the convenience of being able to use AA batteries. I use NiMh rechargeables in at as well. I've been through SureFires et all with the horrendously priced CR123's (yes they are still expensive even from Hong Kong compared to rechargeables) and the P7 CREE is one of the best out there. Just my 2p. And no I have no connection to LED Lenser!

SRC G36C v2 / ICS L85 A2 / ICS M4 RIS Proline all with AirFET mosfets. RA-Tech WE GBB Open Bolt SCAR
                            TM chrome Deagle / KWA P226 / WE G18C Gen4

Comment

Ahhh thanks for clarifying Planemo

Is that why they can afford to use them for rear lights and side lights? Because they don't have to be so bright?
                              Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sparrowhawk Find out more about sparrowhawk
                              Working...
                              X